Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to measure the neck of my rr-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to measure the neck of my rr-1?

I am thinking about buying another guitar, and I would like to get one with the same neck measurements as my rr-1. How can I measure all of the dimensions of the neck? Thanks

Zach
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: Is there a way to measure the neck of my rr-1?

Measure thickness with calipers. You can create tracings of the neck carve by bending a piece of solder around the rear of the neck and using the solder as a template on paper.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Happy Birthday!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

If it's a production-model RR1, specify that backshape on the order form. However, the actual "RR1" designation was not used until 97 or 98 I think (someone correct me), so if you've got a 1990-1996 USA Rhoads production model and it has a different backshape than the actual "RR1", then you need to specify that.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Is there a way to measure the neck of my rr-1

[ QUOTE ]
          Measure thickness with calipers. You can create tracings of the neck carve by bending a piece of solder around the rear of the neck and using the solder as a template on paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea!
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X