DK-1 owners can you help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK-1 owners can you help me out?

I want to get a guitar that has all the goodies stock(OFR,EMG 81/85 set,ebony board,etc) and i see that the DK-1 fits the bill.
    how do these play overall? i have only test drove a sl-2H and that was friggin great! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    how much should one of these DK-1's go for used?

Re: DK-1 owners can you help me out?

i dont have the newer model (H/H), but the older one (H/S/S). I personally love it. the neck is unfinished, and thinner than the SL2H. I'll take a DK1 over a SL2H anyday... some others will chime in eventually.

used prices... 600+?

gluck in yer quest.

Comment

I sold an older DK1 loaded with the Lawrence XL-500 and the neck on it was incredible! Lightning fast, killer action....awesome axe! One of the best necks I've felt.

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

I sold mine recently. Offered it up at $950, I think it was. And that was for a NAMM show /catalog guitar. Best neck profile in the USA Jackson lineup, IMHO. Killer guitars. I'm not a fan of EMGs, though.

Comment

I would definately go for it. Best guitars IMHO. Bought mine in mint condition. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I will be honest with you guys i dont see how could go wrong getting one but i did want to hear from owners [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a '89 Dinky custom, and I think it's one of the best Jacksons I've owned, next to my strathead and custom KV...
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have a 2003 Dk1 and it's my main guitar. The unfinished neck feels better than anything else I own.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I have a 2003 DK1 and a 2001 SL2H among others and the DK1 doesn't really ever get used, while the SL2H gets used a decent amount. The neck on the DK1 is too shallow to be particularly comfortable to me.
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

is the Dk-1 neck thinner than the Dk-2?

Comment

I love my ´97 DK-1 (HSS w/Duncans). Superfast neck, comfy as well.

Comment

I've got a 2004 DK-1 and love it. It kicks mucho arse. I also owned a few Soloists and think the DK-1s neck is plenty thick/comfortable for my tastes, and is just slightly slimmer than a Soloist... but the satin finish on the back feels much nicer than any painted neck. If you're looking for a bolt-on strat with an ebony board, OFR trem, and EMGs, you can't go wrong with the DK-1.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I've got a 2004 DK-1 and love it. It kicks mucho arse. I also owned a few Soloists and think the DK-1s neck is plenty thick/comfortable for my tastes, and is just slightly slimmer than a Soloist... but the satin finish on the back feels much nicer than any painted neck. If you're looking for a bolt-on strat with an ebony board, OFR trem, and EMGs, you can't go wrong with the DK-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldnt say any better! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered one new! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] i was gonna go with a used one but i would rather put out the Xtra $$$ for even more [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats!! In what finnish did you order it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X