Getting RR1 Bevels painted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting RR1 Bevels painted

I just bought a metallic black RR1, and I'm tossing around the idea of getting the bevels painted white. Any idea on a ballpark figure of how much this would run? And where the best place would be to do it?

Re: Getting RR1 Bevels painted

sorry i dont know..but i want just wanted to hop in and add a comment.
    black body with white bevels rocks! i got a rr1 with that finish at home. with orange-yellow also looks awesome. Good luck!

Comment

I would use white tape . See how you like that first before doing an aftermarket paint job.
      Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I wanted to do the exact same thing to my black RR-1T. I spoke with GMW and Bighead guitars (www.bigheadguitars.com) about it. GMW was close to $600, and Bighead guitars was around $275. I have not done it yet because both said it would take 8-10 weeks. Hope this helps.

Comment

GMW wanted $600 just for white bevels?!
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I just checked my e-mails from both companies and here are the exact prices:
            -GMW- $275 paint fee, plus $100 per side to paint the bevels, plus $100 reassembly fee, total $575, 6-8 weeks.
            -Bighead Guitars- $225 to paint bevels + $15 shipping and insurance, total $240, 4-6 weeks.
            Now that I'm reminded that it only takes 4-6 weeks, and is cheaper than I remembered, I may send my guitar out after this weekends gig.

Comment

Well I say ship it to bighead. It's just some bevels, any place could do it. And when the different is $335 that's a done deal.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Sounds good, I'll check into Bighead Guitars. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to post pics when/if I get it done.

Comment

do u want a pic of a real white beveled rr1? please send me an email if you do!! [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X