Other Styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Styles

Does anybody here play stuff like blues and classic rock with a jackson? if so, tell what kind of jackson you have.

Re: Other Styles

Yup,play that kinda style all the time,all my guitars are on my site!!

Comment

Yup I play blues, and Jazz on my SL2H, and fusion, lots of fusion. As well as classic metal (80's, 90's) Satriani, Vai, Greg Howe etc. SL2H is very versatile!
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yeah, same here. I play mostly classic rock, hard rock, blues, surf on mine. Though as of late the old metal is starting to show up more and more often.

Comment

I play classic rock (Journey, Toto, Boston etc) with my Jacksons every single day. They´re a 2001 SL1, a 1988 Soloist and a 1993 Collen Archtop. High-quality guitars can do anything! In my opinion, out of these three the SL1 works best for that kinda style...the midrange on the JB sings beautifully.

Comment

I play Bluegrass and Gospel on a Custom Warrior 7-string with a Blood Splatter graphic [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I play Bluegrass and Gospel on a Custom Warrior 7-string with a Blood Splatter graphic [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gospel huh? It would be interesting if you show up to church with that to play with a church band... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

... and play Black Sabbath songs [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(Paul Gilbert did exactly that once in a clinic held in a church: "It's fun to play songs where you are not supposed to" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

Comment

I play everything on my one acoustic and one electric guitar... mainly because I don't have a choice, given that I only have these two guitars... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm fixin' to play all kinds of contemporary worship at church with my SLATQH as soon as it gets here.

Comment

I used to play in a classic rock band (Journey/Heart/Foreigner, etc...) with my Fusions...but it's been all metal with my Warriors ever since.

The Fusions and Soloists were always good for blues, and rock cuz of the single coils.

I would imagine the Jazz'rs and those models were/is good for blues (especially the ones with the P90 pickups)

Comment

I mostly play rock but I have used my two Jacksons (a Strat 24 and a Dinky) at a church to play traditional and contemporary Christian music. My Dinky has a snakeskin finish and several parishioners commented on the nice finish.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Actually, I use my SL-2H tuned to e flat to only play Jeff Hannemen leads [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] (I am only half kidding [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I play jazz, country, blues/funk, and gospel. I've gigged my Soloist for all of those, including more than one church gig. I am looking to pick up an SLS, SL2H-MAH, AT-1T, or similar, though, because I like neck humbuckers.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...12999402torfRq

Comment

Working...
                          X