No announcement yet.

Hows the quality of recent US Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows the quality of recent US Jacksons?

?

ive heard that quality have gone downhill in recent years...
    is this true?
    Guitars:
    Jackson USA Shannon Soloist (blk)
    Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2H white/Silver Ghost Flames
    Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Vixen (blk)
    BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:
    ENGL Powerball -> ENGL Pro Cab 4*12(V30's)

Re: Hows the quality of recent US Jacksons?

I cannot speak for the earlier models, but my 2004 SL2H is absolutely FLAWLESS. Best playing guitar I've ever played...it's sooo effortless to play, it's just amazing.

Comment

where did you buy it?
      from the US, or from a store in Norway?
      are US Jacksons common in Norweighan music stores?
      Guitars:
      BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:

Comment

I can´t speak for the most recent ones, but my SL1 from 2001 is flawless. I think most of the talk about declining quality comes from only a couple of bad apples in a batch of several thousand. As I recall some of the JCF-01´s had some issues, and those along with maybe one or two other guitars with flaws are the only problems I remember hearing about in my years on this board and other boards. I dare to say that regarding quality of construction and consistency of quality, compared to the amount of units produced and the money involved, Jackson is the best company out there today.

I also don´t think US Jacksons are any more common in Norway than in Denmark or Sweden (where I live).

Comment

Yeah Us Jacksons are scarce here, to say the least...

in fact i havent seen a new US Jackson in a store for what seems like years...
          Guitars:
          BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:

Comment

Buy one from our online dealers.
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

AFAIK Rune bought his SL2H from one of the online dealers, Mattsmusic maybe (??). I`ve never seen a US Jackson in a store in Norway, and if I ever see one I would probably choke over the sick sick prices here in norway.

Comment

Except for a couple recent issues which are probably more due to UPS and customer service than Jackson construction, the quality has dramatically improved since Fender bought Jackson.

Even before Jackson moved, Fender started inspecting the guitars after Jackson did, and actual manufacturing related defects seems to have dissappeared for the most part.

Before Fender bought Jackson, quality control was steadily declining for probably a year and a half or so. With the last six months having quite a few quality issues, (not just JCF 01 issues.) I'm really talking about issues reported here, which was not overwhelming, but a regular occurrence. For the first year after, what would have normally been 1-2 complaints a month, there was maybe 1 or 2 complaints total.

I just placed a custom order a week ago. I feel more comfortable now spending $3000 than if I would have two years ago.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I got a PC1 last year and it is as high of a quality as any custom manufacturer I have played like Tom Anderson for example.
                  Killer finish and impeccable fretwork.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    where did you buy it?
                    from the US, or from a store in Norway?
                    are US Jacksons common in Norweighan music stores?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it from one of the JCF dealers, Kevin Easton. He was awesome to deal with, spoke with him on the phone a few times, never a problem and was very accommodating to me.
                    Guitar arrived safely no shipping damage or anything, I had to give it a tune-up but that's nothing more than you have to expect when it has traveled so far.

As for Jackson in Norwegian music stores, I have never seen one apart from a single DK2 (import) in the biggest shop in Bergen...one of the biggest cities..so you get the picture.
                    People seem to think that if the headstock doesn't read Fender or Gibson then it's not a guitar or something...stupid mofos [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We have a policy not to post price quotes on the forum, but I'll say this much though: I got the guitar including insured shipping, Norwegian VAT and everything...the total for all that was roughly 1/3 of the advertised Norwegian retail price for the SL2H.
                    My advice is simple, definitely buy from one of the JCF approved dealers.

Comment

I have a 2003 DK1 and the graphic and mechanical construction is killer, but there are polish ridges in the clear coat which you can see occasionally when the light hits them.
                      My 2001 (?) SL2H Yankees has a similar issue, but I don't want to run the rish of damaging them but trying to polish the ridges out....
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

My JCF 01 is almost flawless and my JCF 02 is flawless. My '03 NAMM Warrior is exceptional as is my '03 Jazz'R. I could criticize each but then again I could criticize someone who died and left me $100M as well. Recent Jacksons are great instruments and very well made ... just pray you don't have to deal with FMIC's shoddy cusomter service (which in all probability you won't).
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I have a 2001 Sl2H and it is the Steinway of my guitars. it's absolutely flawless, all the work on it is perfect.
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

My '02 SL2H...Flawless

My'03 TB SLATQH...One little divit in the binding/fretboard face which looks like a mill mark that wasn't completely removed...flawless otherwise and the and it's my #1

'04 SLS Natural...Unbelievably flawless

'04 SLATQH FLAWLESS construction...but sniff sniff....UPS don't friggin' care.

Don't even concern yourself with quality...it's a non issue and believe you me.. some other manufacturers could take some lessons from the Jackson Custom Shop. I consider the USA Jacksons the best value in the Guitar world.

Comment

From what people are saying here, it sounds like the two most pressing issues for FMIC to solve are wait times and after-sale customer service. Does anyone (especially the dealers around here) know if FMIC has any initiatives to try to solve there issues? Seems a shame that the instruments are great but the company has a few issues that might cost them some sales.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X