No announcement yet.

Hows the quality of recent US Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hows the quality of recent US Jacksons?

Like I said in my earlier post. Overall build quality has improved and I'm more confident sending money to Jackson NOW compared to the year or two before Fender bought them.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

My 2004 SL2H is also flawless although it has an odd beauty mark. It has a prominent blond streak in the ebony. At first I was a little put off by it but now I like it as it makes this guitar unique.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/pjg/IMG_1090.jpg

Comment

Have any close-ups of that streak? It looks like a glare in this perspective.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

There is a little better picture here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...o=&fpart=4

Comment

But but but, all the guys on ebay say their preFender ones are better?!?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree that the quality is a little better since Fender bought it...at the very least it's the same as during Jacksons best years in the early 80's.

Some of that is due to Mike Shannon's attention to construction detail and genuinely wanting to build the best guitar he can build...he cares, and we benefit.

My last 2 CS pieces, JCF 02 and one of the last Firebirds built, are FLAWLESS...
              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

I think I remember talking with Kevin Easton one time and he was telling me HE actually designed the SLATQH while working for Jackson. In my opinion....he done good.....real good and it's cool he is/was ,(don't know the situation), involved with this forum and all of us personally if need be. What does that have to do with quality....I dunno'.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I agree that the quality is a little better since Fender bought it...at the very least it's the same as during Jacksons best years in the early 80's.

Some of that is due to Mike Shannon's attention to construction detail and genuinely wanting to build the best guitar he can build...he cares, and we benefit.

My last 2 CS pieces, JCF 02 and one of the last Firebirds built, are FLAWLESS...

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree.
                  No change in quality since AMIC sold to FMIC IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X