• Show
Clear All

Re: Searching for \"Binding over frets\" pics or thr

Take a look here...

http://www.sullyguitars.com/site/pag..._firebird.html

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Hmm, then the name "binding over frets" is slightly misleading, would you not agree? because if the actual metal fret is chopped off of either end and there's binding shaped to mimic the fret ends, it's more like "binding capping the ends of the frets" rather than literal "binding over frets".

I drew a rough diagram on MS Paint. Tell me if I've understood you right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, fascinating fret design, NOTP!!! Is that some kind of a ergonomical shape approved by doctors? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, man, I just couldn't help myself!!

Comment

Most luthiers call it "Binding over fret ends". If we were to nit pick each term, we wouldn't be calling Floyd Rose bridges 'tremolos' as they are truely 'vibratos'.

Comment

Ahhh alright, it's just an erroneous term then. Much like "coil tap" is commonly used when people mean "coil split". And I've always been slightly irked at how Leo Fender named his vibrato bridge design after his "tremolo" amp effect... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I learn something new every day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Okay, so when I actually fret incorrectly, I am actually fretting the damn binding lump rather than a piece of binding stretched over a metal fret... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yes! That picture is a custom radiused fret. In fact, it doesn't really have a radius at all, given that it is not symmetric. It is asymmetrical like the Wolfgang neck backshape. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Supreme comfort! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP, you're one sick motherfucker! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP, no offence, dude, but I'll make your fret as my sig! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hope you understand jokes well!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oops! I accidentally forgot about this topic. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sure, go ahead, but remember not to use an actual image in your signature because that's one of the rules the admins put into place. A link would be okay though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Go for it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X