limited edition polka dot v serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limited edition polka dot v serial number

How does the serial number work on these? I get that the last 3 digits are the # made out of 157, but what do the beginning digits represert?

Re: limited edition polka dot v serial number

There is one on E-bay right now has a serial # U05060-67.
    I guess the last 2 digit#s stand for it.

Comment

what the does the 5060 mean?

Comment

No idea...

Comment

uh... U05060 would be a standard USA Select serial number... -67 would probably be #67 of the series?
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

ok I get it now...but that seems like a goofy way to do it. doesn't seem very special.

Comment

Does anyone actually know the numbers on these? How many floyded, how many vintage trems, what years were they produced, etc?
              Mine is a vintage trem made in 1995 and was wondering how many were actually made. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Does anyone actually know the numbers on these? How many floyded, how many vintage trems, what years were they produced, etc?
                Mine is a vintage trem made in 1995 and was wondering how many were actually made. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

Comment

I thought they came out in 1997 and 1998..Mine was number 154.Had a Floyd trem..Cort

Comment

here is how mine is - U0 53 68-133

All of the really Tribute dots (Limited) ones that came with the aligator case with pink/purple linning had Floyds. There were 157 of them built to my knowledge.

There were vintage trem dots but not considered part of the tribure runs and have a cheaper market value.

Its not meant to be replica of a Sandoval but a 'tribute to Randy. The guitar has some serious balls and tone. I bought mine when I was looking for a Pinstripe nad found it and thought I would check it out and flip it later well I still have it and it aint going anywhere [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah to my knowledge the vintage trems wasn't part of the limited runs and I believe the limited runs started in '97.I could be wrong though.Killer guitars,I got #74.
                      Gear
                      '88 Charvel Model 6
                      '90 Charvel 650 Custom
                      '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                      '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
                      '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Yeah I got mine in 1997 from Appleway Music..A friend just offered me his for $1000 but I was/am broke.He sold it to someone else..That was a good deal...Cort

Comment

Man I have been looking for one. I would buy one in a second for $1000. Assuming it is in good shape. Oh well, I will continue to look.

Comment

Something just made sense to me.... When I bought mine, it came with the original Custom Shop Order form. That would answer why mine was built in 1995 and has a slightly different headstock, I guess.

Comment

There were 157 of them made and I used to own the #157 and I have kicked myself in the ass for a long time b/c I sold it.
                              I talked to the Jackson Custom shop and mine actually had RR157 as a serial number.
                              They are great players!!

Comment

Working...
                              X