X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the F mean?

SL-1F <--- whats the F stand for?

Re: Whats the F mean?

Flametop. It's not an "official" designation but I've seen it on some Ebay listings for trans top Jacksons.

Comment

I think that stands for fukkingreat.
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Flametop. It's not an "official" designation but I've seen it on some Ebay listings for trans top Jacksons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not official [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] it is on the Jackson hang tag SL-1F [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I figured it meant flamed but had never seen it before - thanks for the info.

oh and the guitar is fuckinggreat too ... Ill get some pics posted soon.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know why it's on the hangtags... but it's never mentioned on the Jackson website.

Comment

Could it mean that they put the Firestorm pickups in it? Though the Dinky with Firestorms is the FS.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Yes, the Firestorm Dinky is the DK2FS, but then wouldn't the Soloist be SL1FS?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Probably the seller got confused because DK2FS has SSH pickup configuration and if you don't look carefully it also looks like SL1 too excepts there is a mini switch for a boost and extra knob.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - lets dont get off track here ... all I wanted to do was confirm the meaning of the F. The axe in question is an SL-1(F) and is called out as that on the tag.

I dont know how the dk2fs came into this other than firestorm starts with an F [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] the dk2 and the sl1 do NOT have the same pickups [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am quite confident that the F stands for flamed as the sl1 selects have a flamed top - it was my initial thought - I just wanted to confirm that as I hadnt seen it on the tag like that before.

Comment

I am just hoping you didn't get ripped by someone and ended up buying a DK2FS instead of SL1... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X