Limited Run USA 24 Fret Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Limited Run USA 24 Fret Rhoads

1hum Red Marblizer Demon with non recessed Floyd??
    That is so beast!
    You should open a new thread and see if you can get some people in.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Red Marblizer is the same paint scheme as Ken's Death Warrior, correct? If so, that on a Demon would be totally badass... And the non-recessed Floyd draws me in too! Might have to post a picture of the Demon shape if you want to get people interested, as I think not many people have seen the cool body style before.

Would the Demon command a custom shop price? Alternatively, would Jackson even MAKE a Demon for a limited run?

Xeno, if you're truly serious about the Demon (which I think is a killer idea), try to talk privately to a dealer about the specs, decide on STRICT SPECIFICATIONS (obviously it would be your dream specs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ), THEN post the idea to the JCF. It might help you to avoid all this crazy idea-pitching from the "peanut gallery" (I mean that in the kindest possible way) ruining your plan.

How many Demon shapes were made, by the way? I definitely haven't seen many, and the name itself is mentioned even less than the Death Angel or Death Warrior or Roswellian Star on the JCF. It would truly be a killer limited. Too bad I don't have the Photoshop skills to make a mockup in the Custom Shop Generator and Photoshop... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is Brad(xxx)'s Demon. well... that seems like Koa body NOTP! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

There is only a handful of Demons, maybe 2 dozen total? Tim said Jackson would do a limited run of VVV's, and the demon would be much easier.

I liked the Red Marblizer... looks kind of wicked, and on a wicked shape, might work out well. I'll start a thread.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I was gonna ask about the Demon some more, but I'll save it for the Demon thread so people can get all their Demon-related information in one place. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The koa is goddamn beautiful... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got to have the 2nd pickup. I've no desire to have a guitar built for me, and then have to carve a fukkin hole in it!

I'm movable on damn near everything else. My band plays a lot of wild shit, and I need that 2nd pickup, it's always been in my style to have to. The slant single would be okay...save I hate singles :P

I wouldn't be into a demon, since I don't particularly like the shape, please keep this a Rhoads discussion though.

The route of the 2nd pickup, won't make it cheaper, maybe just the cost of the pickup, BUT you're not paying too much for the pickup, you're mainly paying for the guitar, if that makes sense.

I know it's stupid Xeno, and I can see a whole group being mad at me, but here's where I am.

I'm ready to commit at the drop of a hat, and I've got the open credit line to pay for it. However, I'm charging it. I'm not paying out right cash. That alone means, I'm going to be paying for it for awhile. I can give on a few things, but some I can't. I'm not loaded. Granted, we're not poor, but with my employment change, I simply can't afford to buy guitars left and right, let alone one that doesn't spark my interest. That said, the 2 hum is one thing, I will not move on. I'm sorry to sound like an ****.

Comment

Deneb, we already have thrown bunch of ideas about this model.
                So all we have to do is wait and let Matt to find out what he can do and what he will want to do.
                At the end, Matt is the one to decide to do this or not and if one of us doesn't like what he will come up with, that person has to deal with that and take it or leave it.
                This is not everyone's custom shop order guitar.
                So it can not be 100% as everyone wishes for his/her.
                At least Matt will choose the best out of it.
                Matt also has to sell more than 10 of these.
                JCF is not the only place he will find his customers once he starts advertising it on his website.

We will see very soon..

Comment

What were your specs again Deneb?

Pat

Comment

I may be way off here because I have only priced out 2 customs in the past but I found the cs prices put forth by the sponsors of this board to be very reasonable compared to the cs quote generator. We can't mention prices here so it's difficult to make examples but for those that want features not included in this build, and have not received a quote on a custom, you might want to check it out.
                    I am a master at stating the obvious, eh?

Comment

Well, CS pricing, actual pricing should be around 40% lower than the generator.

Pat

Comment

[quote}What were your specs again Deneb?

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat, I'm pretty open as far as most of them go. So far this is what my personal opinion is.

Black, Gold hardware. Bridge does not bother me. If it's String through, I'll probably add locking tuners later down the line. If it's floyded, that's really cool. At first I wanted it recessed, but the more I think about it, I could REALLY dig a non recessed floyd. So bridge, not a concern.

Pickups, Duncan Distortion and Jazz. 3 way toggle switch. 1 Volume, 1 tone (I'm movable on this, since I don't use the tones, I could cut them out if someone wanted more. I can't move on the pickup issue (not type, but I need 2 pickups). I'd prefer it not to be EMGs because, that battery compartment is another hole in the guitar. You can add the battery inside later, but the hole is still there if you swap out the EMGs, if that makes sense.

Pickguard, HOWEVER I'm willing to move on it, I don't need one.
                        24 frets (this is the point of doing it).

So far, I think what I'm thinking, is only very minor deviances from the Rhoads itself. What do you think Pat?

Dinkyjackson, I'm very open if you see, I'm just unmoving on a few issues.

Comment

You are set on a Rhoads tho, correct?

I want a single hum, 24 fret Rhoads, bridge doesn't matter as long as it's not recessed, and even that's not a big deal to me, I just prefer an OFR due to the hieght and volume knob. If it's recessed, I've got to have more than one knob so I can move the volume to the back. And I'm all for a one hum, one knob, no pickguard, 24 fret Rhoads.

So, my wishlist is this:

Rhoads
                          No pickguard
                          One Hum
                          One knob (volume)
                          OFR or string thru
                          Finish - Black w/red, yellow, slime green bevels, blood drip, or comparable
                          Matching binding and matching logo to bevels

I don't think any of that will increase the price, I think the main cost increase is the 24 fret

There ya go...

Pat

Comment

Don't yell at me, but this is something I just do not understand...

If you have A and B, then you have A.
                            However if you have A, you do not have A and B.
                            Therefore, the probability of pleasing enough people is increased if you have A and B.

Where A=bridge pickup and B=neck pickup

my pseudo-mathemagical "proof" of the day

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Don't yell at me, but this is something I just do not understand...

If you have A and B, then you have A.
                              However if you have A, you do not have A and B.
                              Therefore, the probability of pleasing enough people is increased if you have A and B.

Where A=bridge pickup and B=neck pickup

my pseudo-mathemagical "proof" of the day

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much what I've been saying all along but not so eloquently... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm... Bleh... Too many choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X