How about a 1 hum 1 single Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about a 1 hum 1 single Soloist?

I know I'm a Junior Member so I don't know if I'm able to be involved but is there any chance of a Floyd? I'd prefer Alder but Swamp Ash sounds good too. This seems really interesting though.

Comment

How many frets, boys?
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Sure, anybody who has the coin to actually buy one of these can be involved. That group barely includes me, but I tried this a couple of years ago and it went many pages and ultimitely flamed out.

The specs are pretty set. I love the sound of Swamp Ash, and the tune-o-matic is one of the features. Really, besides the colors of hardware and paint, the rest of it is what it is.

Maybe not Orange then. I was picturing a Gretsh Orange. I was just trying to think outside the box.

Comment

24, I'd imagine. I would prefer 22, but I doubt we can get that in a limited run. 22 would be a full on Custom Shop, and we're doing that, then this thing is going Koa!

Comment

Koa it is!!! lol

I'd prefer 22 over 24, but for the sake of expense I could look at two more frets.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Well, I do already have two alder bodied, Floyded guitars so this would be a nice break. Some form of Orange with black hardware would be cool with me. Maybe a bit darker than Jim's first orange posting. Like an Orange Pearl or a Halloween Orange perhaps?

Comment

make it a NON recessed OFR & frets over binding & i would be in. ive got enought NON trem guitars & with binding over frets I always get the high E caught in between the binding & the fretends when i play....yeah im a caveman. KOA is awesome but its expensive, you could probably get SOLID QUILT maple wings for what Koa will cost.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(Getting a little too close for comfort with that color now, though. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] )

Comment

Whelp, I can do without the binding over the fret ends, and it won't be Koa, cause it's a Limited Edition run and not full on Custom Shop, but I guess I'll have to bid you adieu at the Floyd.

How many non-Floyd guitars do you have without binding over frets? Back in yet?? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: There ya go, Shreddermon!

Comment

I'll give a tentative agreement on this depnding on cost and the agreement that we go with the stats as originally stated:
                      "Would there be any interst in a run of 1 hum 1 single Soloists?
                      String thru/ tune-o-matic
                      Solid color
                      Oiled neck
                      Ebony and Sharks
                      Swamp Ash body wings
                      Ducnan Custom/Lil 59
                      1 volume, three way blade switch
                      G&G case"
                      I love my model 3 dr and this would have a cool non-trem option to it.

Any chance of doing it in retro green?
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Retro green...I saw that thread title but didn't read it...bring me up to speed on that color?

Almost any color is possible right now. I haven't even talked to any of our dealers yet.

Comment

Nothing to bring you up to speed on, Chuck. No one really know what that color looks like - just a bunch of guessing.

Comment

I would be in,if the blade switch was a 3way toggle

Comment

wow! now Chuck is going back with Jackson!
                              Very cool!
                              I would be interested in if this LTD becomes real!
                              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If it's like the 7-Up Green then that would be badass.

Comment

Working...
                                X