serial #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serial #

Hello.Are their any guidelines in the serial # to find the specific wood used in construction of the guitars?Pre Fender Jackson USA,of course.Thanks for any help.

Re: serial #

I havent heard of that myself.. But There are many here know better than I [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BTW: Welcome to the JCF!
    Its always intersting here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

To my knowledge there is no such designation.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Pre-Fender Jacksons are kinda like AMF Harleys, just not as bad. lol

Any USA Select would fall under normal specs. Pre or Post Fender.

Custom Shop guitars can be whatever was requested when the order was placed.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Pre-Fender Jacksons are kinda like AMF Harleys, just not as bad. lol

Any USA Select would fall under normal specs. Pre or Post Fender.

Custom Shop guitars can be whatever was requested when the order was placed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the exact designations, but I know there was a 'breakpoint' between poplar and alder in USA Select guitars...sometime in the mid-'90s? And weren't most earlier customs (esp. neck-throughs) default poplar if another wood wasn't specified?

Comment

Sure, just like different era guitars had different hardware, pickups and paint. Without a serial number or year or mfg it's a bit difficult to make any kind of determination...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The third number from the end of the serial denotes wood type (Mahogany, Maple, Alder, Poplar, Ash, and Basswood), but only if it's the same orientation as the first number (even/odd) AND results in a number greater than 18 when multiplied by the 2nd number.
              Other than that, it's anybody's guess.

Why, what guitar will you soon be listing on Ebay? We can probably help you figure out what it has on it.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It is uO1841,a metallic black Soloist

Comment

And no,it stays with me.The new ones seem a little lightweight,wood is different on the new ones,right?

Comment

It is a 91 or 92,came with the stock Jackson active PUs,if that helps.Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X