HELP!! SL2H Cost Must Be Beat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! SL2H Cost Must Be Beat!!!

Alright, got the good ol' Soloist ordered on a down payment. Now when comes the time to pay up the rest, Guitar Center has a policy to beat any competitors price. That's where you come in folks. Please post links or info to a dealer that sells for less. Looking at a sum under $1700. Thanks in advance.

Re: HELP!! SL2H Cost Must Be Beat!!!

Click on the "Dealers" link located in the header above and email them. Almost any dealer listed there will beat that price.

Comment

I think you'll find GC won't be able to beat a JCF dealer's price, as they'll most-likely say that smaller dealers like Matt's Music and V-Wall can offer higher discounts, and therefore are not considered a competitor like the chain/catalog stores like Musician's Friend (owned by GC), AMS (owned by GC), or Sam Ash (owned by GC).

$1700!? Is it a full-on Custom Shop or a USA Select?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Probably a USA Select that his particular GC didn't have in stock.

Comment

When it comes to buying a guitar locally or online, the huge benefit of buying guitar oline is usually you don't pay tax and also some dealers offer free shipping.
          EVen you get a great deal at your local store, you will always end up paying the tax.
          You should try one of the JCF online dealers and find out if they have what you want in stock.

Comment

I would say buy from one of the dealers here. It will most likely be cheaper and you will almost certainly get better service.

Comment

so you've got the guitar ordered and a deposit down. Now you want us to provide you with a dealer so that you can get a better price on the guitar you've already ordered? Where's the incentive to do that? Jackson have implemented a MAP pricing structure, which means dealers have a minimum price that they can advertise their Jacksons for, so to find the best deal you're going to have to contact them. Guitar Center already have the sale. I can't see any of the dealers here stepping up to give you a price, since it's of no benefit to them.

If, however, you wanted to find the best deal so that you could buy the guitar from that dealer, I'm sure one of the guys listed on the Dealers link would be happy to look after you right.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

CAVEAT: They will match any ADVERTISED price. Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is a strict guideline.

SL1
                MSRP: $2449
                MAP: $1837
                *STREET $1469

*Street price is based on the assumption that any dealer worth a damn will give you approximately 40% off MSRP. I did not ask anyone for a quote, only pulled off MSRP and MAP off a dealers site. So I'm not disclosing any internet dealer price, only an assumed price...

You probably won't get Street price from Guitar Center unless you know someone there, like the General Manager, or a Sales Manager.

You should have ordered from Matt, Scott, Kevin or Lloyd... They would have let you make payments, not charge you sales tax, and possibly even beat my estimated street price.

Good luck getting Guitar Center to beat a dealer's unofficial unadvertised price.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I do wish we could get a sticky that said not to buy from GC unless you REALLLLLLLY know, or often blow, someone who works there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

You're silly, Matt [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

hehehehe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

PS: you going to Namm?

Comment

Nah won't have the dough or the time off for NAMM [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                      I would like to go next Summer, but I'll hafta wait and see as it approaches.

Comment

WOW! someone who would allow someone here to make payments...........gets a guy like me in trouble with the wife!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          WOW! someone who would allow someone here to make payments...........gets a guy like me in trouble with the wife!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed!
                          I do layaways ALL the time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought a Black SL2H from GC a few years ago for about $1200. They had it on the rack so they dealt to get rid of it. For a custom order, I think that you would be better off seeing if you can get your money back and then ordering from one of the dealers here.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

GC "has" to match any competitors price, period.

Scott, you avoiding me? Or my question(s)?

Oh and Smurfinator, you can make payments, but you still don't get the axe till it's paid for in full...

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X