The PC1 Solar Has Landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PC1 Solar Has Landed

Yea what NOP said. It can get confusing in their wide range catalog!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Beautiful PC1 you have there! Solar and Au Natural are my favorite finishes on those guitars.

Congratulations, sweet guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Thanks. I can't stop playing it. I'm loosing a lot of sleep. Who cares anyway! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Here's something I did not know until a few weeks back: I was told that the TB designation is "Trembucker" and refers to the spacing of the pole pieces correctly for Floyds and other trems. The SH is SD's std spacing. So, I think each p/u can have two (maybe more) variations.

Comment

Each humbucker in the Duncan lineup comes with standard spacing (SH designation) and with trem spacing (TB designation), except the SH-8 Invader. Its massive polepieces mean that the magnetic field engulfs the strings even on a trem-equipped guitar.

So, each humbucker does have two variations of the same thing, but Shredmonster said, "The Custom 5 I have is specifically a TB-5" which is not correct. Either he has the TB-14 Custom 5 (alnico 5 magnet) or he has the TB-5 Custom (ceramic magnet). He cannot have a Custom 5 that is specifically a TB-5 in his trem-equipped Jackson PC1.

Comment

Good to know NOTP, thanks

Comment

NOP, Nix,
                Yea, Ditto, that is good to know. I definitely want the pickup with the correct string spacing!

Comment

Of course, there's the debate where people will say they cannot hear the difference between the SH and the TB versions. Especially with a hotter pickup, there is probably not much volume dropoff when using the "incorrect" spacing. And then you have the Invader... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But might as well go with the correct string spacing. I personally think it looks nicer being matched up, and they're the same price anyways... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Shredmonster, the SH-5 and TB-5 are the regular Customs, which have ceramic magnets. The Custom 5, with its alnico 5 magnet, has the designation SH-14 and TB-14. And then there's the Custom Custom (basically a Custom 2), with its alnico 2 magnet, with the designation SH-11 and TB-11.

So which do you have, the ceramic Custom or the alnico 5 Custom 5?

Beautiful Collen, Bengal651. The PC1s have some of the best trans finishes in the Jackson lineup. Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the TB-5
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I went to the website. If you look under the SH-5 Duncan Custom it will have a TB-5 model.

It says Duncan Custom. Then it has specific models.

There is only one TB-5 in their whole line so I don't know what the confusion is but just look for the TB-5 model. There is only one.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[image]http://shredmonster.4t.com/images/jackpc1mocfrt.jpeg[/image]

Trying to add pic here. Hope this works.

Hmm....did not work. Man I get frustrated trying to add images...have not been able to do it yet.
                        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

try using '[img] [/img*]' without the *
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X