How much did your custom cost you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much did your custom cost you?

Sounds very cool [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img].I had know idea that they moved the bridge location or once used smaller sharkfins.I guess I should take the time read through your sight.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Well, the small fins were on Randy's guitar and were used on the PCS series. The body style was only on the earliest examples. Here is one example:

Comment

If anyone here is interested in pricing a custom shop guitar, I'd be happy to assist and will give you a price that you'll be VERY pleased with.

Please remember though, it can be dangerous to your dealer if actual sell prices are discussed on this forum.

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Sorry Matt. I was sure that only applied to MAP and regular production guitars, or at least it did. I know the LTD stuff SL2GX, KEvils' Dinky LE, and others had prices that were not priced according to MAP and that their true prices were postable. I'll have an admin edit this. My apologies. It won't happen again.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sorry, didn't know my question could hurt anyone. If I knew, it wouldn't of been asked. Sorry once again.

Comment

What's best when it comes to having a custom paint job, just having Jackson do it, or a local? I know it seems easier to have Jackson go ahead and do it while it's being made there anyway, but in someways it would be easier to talk face to face about something like this. I'm looking into getting a new custom guitar, be it Jackson, or something else. I really want to stay with Jackson, but I want what feels best to me overall. The Ibanez Jem7 I checked out at Guitar Center last night played pretty good. Playing lead on it, it squealed very nicely (in a good way of course). Any suggestions on the ultimate Jackson for me to look into? Not trying to hijack this thread Slayer89 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm in a similar situation is all. If my post needs moved, or it's own post, please tell me.
              www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Check this out:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Jim, you are full of surprises!

Whaddaya mean on the bridge placement deal?
                  www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

I was surprised just how expensive a Jackson custom shop guitar was. In fact, the quotes I got were WAY more than I was willing to pay, so I ordered a custom GMP completely to my specs for a little under $1600 with case.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I was surprised just how expensive a Jackson custom shop guitar was. In fact, the quotes I got were WAY more than I was willing to pay, so I ordered a custom GMP completely to my specs for a little under $1600 with case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will they ditch their ugly headstocks for that price and are you limited to their body shapes??

Comment

I didn't ask...I like the headstock and the body shapes! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But I imagine it would be hard to get Jackson to make something other than a pointy headstock too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Jim, you are full of surprises!

Whaddaya mean on the bridge placement deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

See how the bridge and neck are shifted in a little more towards the bottom (think Strat)? It appears that the everything was shifted up when the 24 fret neck was added to allow better access to the upper frets without messing with the body outline. Yogas J0019 had a similar setup, but it was a Strat shape.

Comment

Working...
                          X