EMGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMGs

Would it be better to have EMGs in a KV2 then what it comes with(Seymour Duncan JBTM TB84)? Will there be a totally different tone to them then the TBs?

Re: EMGs

Better is subjective. Do a forum search and see what people think of different pickups.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Better is subjective. Do a forum search and see what people think of different pickups.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah after I posted it. I thought about it and said that to myself. It's a matter of personal preference. Thank you, I will do a search and do some reading.

Comment

I have EMGs in my '89 USA KV. Way better than the regular "Jackson" Hum available at the time IMHO. I also find that I like the tone out of EMGs better than the stock SD pups that Jackson is putting in the newer USAs.

The only complaint that I have about EMGs stems more from the install as if it is not done correctly, you can end up with line noise because of grounding issues.

Some people do not like EMGs as thett find the tone to be too [fill in the blank - I have heard sterile]. I like to let the amp do the talking as that is how I have my sound set up. As was noted, this is rather subjective (and does get covered here at least once per month!).
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I have an Emg 81 in my Epiphone V and the Duncans in my RR1T. the duncans blow the 81 away.

Comment

And I rest my case [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I tried an EMG 85 in the Bridge of several Guitars.....I have found no pickup I like better than a JB bridge and a '59 neck...just my opinion. I did however just get a Custom for the bridge and was just jamming for all of ten minutes and it's definately a possible...I've yet to adjust the amps EQ yet so we'll see. I think you either love EMG's or you hate them....I like them at low volume so I think they would be good for recording but they suck at any real volume when the power section gets involved....just my two pennies..

Comment

Working...
              X