My Holy Grail - J2136 Dimas Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Holy Grail - J2136 Dimas Soloist

<font color="aqua">Well, she arrived today and may I say what an unbelievable Christmas present this is. This is the "cover" guitar for the Jackson Electronics catalogs and boxes that the electronics came in. As I'm sure many of you had seen this auction, I have to thank the guys with the real collections for letting this pass by because I couldn't have gone much higher on the price [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. I'm sure alot of the reason was because of the Kahler and the crackle finish which I know alot of you don't like. Fine by me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This is "THE" (pronounced "thee" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) guitar that started it all for me. I bought a J90C pickup in, I think, 1987 for my Yamaha, yes I said yamaha [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and it came in the box you see pictured with the guitar. From that day on, I fell in love with the crackle finishes and to actually own, "THE" guitar, means an awful lot to me. It really is an amazing feeling to me....

The guitar is actually better than the seller described and I owe him a bit of thanks for that as you don't run into that too much on the bay. It is beautiful and as most Jacksons from that era, plays absolutely like buttah! As you can see from the pics, his pics on ebay made it look very faded and washed out but it wasn't like that at all. It is more orange crackle and matches the box exactly in color. The neck is chunky, which is a good thing, and the frets are barely even used. The ebony is in excellent condition as well as the binding. It was definitely used a little because the Jackson logos on the neck and mid pickups are worn but they usually don't last very long to begin with if you play in that area. The Kahler is in amazing shape as well and feels like it has the heavy springs which is nice. I included a pic of the "PATENT" with the initials "DS" for the "die-hards" to see [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

For all the crappy things that have been going on in my life lately, this certainly brightens up my day a bit...

Here are 10 pics including the box top at the bottom for you guys, enjoy them, I know I will...
    </font>

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: My Holy Grail - J2136 Dimas Soloist

That looks pretty nice. I'm not too sure on Crackle finishes, but that one's not too bad.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Congrats Dave! Now you have a little yellow and black crackle collection going. I think you could buy and upgrade kit for the Kahler that came with heavier springs and a bar like that for more of a "Floyd like" feel. The skinny bar probably wouldn't withstand the heavy springs for too long! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Merry Christmas, that guitar rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats Dave! You deserved it!

Comment

Nice score man!
          Congrats.

Comment

Congrats Dave!!! Looks great and a sweet piece of Jackson history. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

tits! I owned the same pickup and I put it in a westone! lol. I bought it new and that was "the" (pronounced thee) box!

congrats!

Comment

Great background story . Glad you got it [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Mark
                Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] What a great Christmas present.
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Dave Bro, that is sweet. The Kahler looks new. I don't think I've ever seen one that clean.

Congratulations and Merry Christmas [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice Congrats Dave! Merry X-mas!
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Congrats Dave, it looks awesome. What a great X-mas present! Enjoy!

Comment

Wow... that IS so much nicer than it was picture in the auction. Great score and congrats! Merry Xmas too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Great axe. Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations man!

Comment

Working...
                              X