Jackson Custom Shop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop Question

Hello, I have a question and please forgive my ignorance ahead of time. What I would like to know is can the Jackson Custom Shop build me a Y2KV (sans Daves name on the headstock)? I know Dave put a stop to them being produced when he left for ESP, but if his name is not on it then it's not really his, right? I have been looking for an American flag one for about 1 1/2 years now and I keep losing out on Ebay so I was thinking it might be possible just to get one built. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Jackson Custom Shop Question

It is not only Dave stopped.
    It probably has to do with Gibson as well.
    Jackson stopped building Gibson shape guitars after Fender Bought Jackson couple years ago.
    Such as round horn V, Firebird, Les Paul and Explorer shapes.

More information, you should contact Jackson dealers.
    http://www.jcfonline.com/dealers

Comment

Re: Jackson Custom Shop Question

Jackson stopped building Y2KVs after Dave dropped his endorsement and told them to stop making them.

When Fender bought them, they said they wouldn't do shapes from other companies, especially Gibson.

The only thing you could hope for is finding a used one on ebay. Expect to pay top dollar for them. They don't go for cheap. I wish I would have bought one when the prices were around $1200.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
      X