Schon=Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schon=Jackson?

According to this, the Schon guitars were built at the Jackson USA factory. I think it was like 86-88, can't recall how many years. I know these were limited and I've seen a few neck-thru's on ebay over the years. I know they made a bolt on model as well.

Anyone have any detailed info on these guitars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044

[ March 14, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Re: Schon=Jackson?

Schon's were made by Jackson only in 1986 ser# went to 198. I've seen that Ed Roman Has bought the rest of yhe unfinished Schon from ? and is willing to sell them at between $500-$600.(way over priced just frets & binding) The Ser.# go NS60001 To NS60198 on the Jackson made Schon's. Jackson made one are all neck thru ,24 fret, single cutaway,with made in U.S.A. on the headstock. Some of the proto types had rosewood fingerboards the rest had ebony frets were thin high profile. Larrivee made the rest from 87-90 these all had 22 frets. They came in both single cutaway & double cutaway . The Double cutaway started in 88 and came in standard,deluxe &custom.The Standard had a slab body and a bolt on neck SSH and a floyd. The Deluxe was the same except it a beveled top. The Custom was neck thru had a flame or quilted maple beveled top SSH & a floyd,single cutaway Customs were also made. Pickups on the Jackson/Schon were J50 with JE1000 preamps.Larrivee made had either PJ Marx , EMG or Larrivee made pickups. List price for Jackson $1199 to$1499 with case/ Larrivee $699 standard, deluxe $799 & Custom $1399.

Comment

awesome..thanks for the info.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I've been tempted to plunge as they have been going from starting @ 500.00 to over a grand but wasn't quite sure what I was getting into.

Comment

The Jackson Schon are San Dimas made they probably did a run of 200? I have 2 J/Schon and they're as nice as my 85&86 soloist same neck profile. One is a proto type has a rosewood fingerboard and a maple cap the other is one of the last it has a JE1000 with 4 dip switches rather than the 3 for more EQ. The Larrivee/Schon are also great(I own a reverse Custom Thank's Dave) the neck is three piece maple and has a thinner depth but is just as wide . I don't know that much about L/Schon the one I have is the only one I've ever played or seen but the Quality is great. All the J/Schon's I've played (about 6 )have been really consistent high quality guitars. So good luck on your search for one someone on the old JCF board got me in touch with Dave at the time he had 2L/Schon that he was thinking of getting rid of they were consecutive Ser.#.

Comment

Sorry I forgot Guild also made 3 prototype Schon's in 87 or88, the double cutaway Blue one was on ebay about 2 or 3 years ago.

Comment

again..thanks! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Great info JTR! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey Charvelguy there is a Schon on ebay now. I see you also live in Mpls. so do I. JTR

Comment

Hey Charvelguy there is a Schon on ebay now. I see you also live in Mpls. so do I. JTR

Comment

Working...
                  X