my new babys pics RR1426 Student red metalflake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my new babys pics RR1426 Student red metalflak

That is not how 'some' early Kahler nuts were installed, that is how ALL early Kahler locknuts were installed at the factory. The earliest Jackson I have seen that appeared to have a factory cover that was stamped to fit above the locknut was very late 1985-early 1986. Many people modified this as it was a pain to get to the rod as you had to remove the locknut just to remove the cover. That cover is 100% correct on your sweet V!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      That is not how 'some' early Kahler nuts were installed, that is how ALL early Kahler locknuts were installed at the factory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected. I was hedging my bets saying that only some were like that! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

They also did that for several years... go figure.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ...that is how ALL early Kahler locknuts were installed...That cover is 100% correct on your sweet V!

[/ QUOTE ]
          nice to hear that [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          and the best thing, it´s a real killer at the amp
          i had it with me for 2 band rehersals now, and it plays and sounds really great [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          i really would want to take her to record(our new ep) with in the end of the week, but i´m not quite sure because of playing while sitting down... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          i can´t wait to take her on stage the first time [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I love the way the trem looks, it looks so "strong"...
            Love the axe, but black bevels would really make me want one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
            I'm a bevel freak.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              but i´m not quite sure because of playing while sitting down...

[/ QUOTE ]

Put the lower wing between your legs when you sit down, and the upper long wing will rest on your leg this way. The classical position. Much like Randy playing his guitar in the following photo below:

Comment

i know that [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                i do that for rehersal or at home sometimes
                but for me it´s not the 100% correct position for recording [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                and when i hire a studio and pay that much for a recording i do want to do a 100% job
                i don´t want to worry later, because i had the rhoads between my legs and did a sloopy playing... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                no pun intended [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

sweet..

Comment

That pic is very cool! Thanks NOTP!
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

it´s from the last Jackson catalogue [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Speaking of which, I'm wondering why there wasn't a 2004 catalog, and now it's 2005 so we should have a 2005 catalog soon, I hope! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

totally agree NOTP
                          seems like they are still the bunch of lazy ####### they always were [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitar. Persistence pays off, eh?
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

thanks
                              seems you guys like that guitar much [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                              that´s what i do [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              and, did i mention ?
                              [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] IT´s THE BEST PLAYING/LOOKING/SOUNDING BEAST IN MY WHOLE POINTY COLLECTION [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats!
                                btw,it looks great in your avatar too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X