custom shop charvel star spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom shop charvel star spotted

In case any one is interested, i spotted a 96 jackson custom shop charvel (with 96XXX serial number with gold charvel logo with the "made in usa" and "custom shop"), purple w/ matching headstock, ebony board, no dots, tailpeice type bridge (LP style non-trem)black hardware at Sam Ash Music on 48th street NYC over the weekend. Looked in pretty good shape and orig to me.
    They were asking $899.
    -Chris

Re: custom shop charvel star spotted

YES !!!!!!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Comment

No kiddin? I work right across the street and I never noticed when I go in. Gonna check her out tomorrow...

Comment

IrfaanSE801 - Too late! She came home w/ me tonight!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (pics soon!)

-Kenn

Comment

lmao, unreal dude. That was just too quick. Did you just go out and get it?

Comment

you know the drill.... Pics asap please.

Comment

IrfaanSE801- yup, saw Chris' post (Thank you Chris!!!!), and called my bud that works @ Sam Ash's corporate offices here in L.I. He called 'em up and had them hold her for me. I drove into the city right after work and grabbed her! Actually, I had heard that this guitar was there quite some time ago, but they wanted too much $$ for her. But at 9 bills, I had to jump! I took a couple of quick pics, I'll replace them with better ones as soon as I can.

The guitar's in great shape, just one small ding on the back. TOM bridge is pretty cool actually, a nice change from all my Floyd equipped axes. Interesing feature, the guitar has Schaller strap locks installed, and the rear one is actually recessed into the body (That's the extra hole below the input in the second pic). She has the sweetest neck I have EVER played! Smooth as glass. SD neck profile. She was custom ordered back in 96, and never picked up. Been sitting in various Sam Ash stores since then! Talk about luck! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              -Kenn

Comment

LoL. That was pretty cool. Never known anyone to buy gear on a whim like that. We (Manny's Music) also have a Charvel in our shop towards the back with the Marshalls, but I don't what model or year. All I know is it has one hum and it's red. I'll post a serial # and someone'll probably know.

I should really talk to Paul @ SamAsh about doing business with Jackson again. We do so much business with Fender, so I don't see why it would be difficult. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold any kind of position @ Manny's to recommend anything on the business level, I just work for his wife on weekends and he comes down and talks every now and then. Enough of the rant, great score. Have fun with her

Comment

Kenn - First off, Sweet Guitar! And for $900, that is a steal. I think you meant the straplocks are Dunlops? If you recessed the Schaller locking pins, they wouldn't function. Neat option, I think Jackson charges like $60 (!) for that.

ps. Remember I am first in line for that Zebra 2H Soloist, if you ever let her out of your grasp! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

kenn,
                    i am with metalcop jeff, nice score. i am in southern cal and was on the phone with them while you were in their buying it and i was offering a couple hundred more than the 899 to hold it for me. you got good connections as they said it was impossible. nice axe for sure. the fretboard is just like the one on the bud star i bought from brad kelley. stars rule, way to go.
                    tommy
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

glad you liked it kenn, i should of got it myself but oh well. It did play real nice.
                      -Chris

Comment

Jeff, you're correct, they are dunlops. I never use strap locks, so this is kinda new to me. I'm glad you guys dig her, she is awesome! Tommy, after I paid for it, the salesman told me about your call. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I was mulling it over at that time, but the neck sold me on her. I definitely appreciate my buds' hook-up. Needless to say, I owe him a case of beer!

-Kenn

Comment

Wow! Definitely a sweet score! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That is a real nice looking Star Congrats!!!!!!!

Comment

While I was on Music Street I went into the other music stores including Sam Ash, and Rudys.

Wow! I have to say that the level of customer service has got to be at an all time low...

Comment

Working...
                              X