Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Jackson Rescued From ESP/LTD Hell (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson Rescued From ESP/LTD Hell (Pic Heavy)

Happy New Year everyone, I wanted to post what was my best deal/score of 2004 (not to mention saving a USA Jackson). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is an auction I won on ebay in late November and I finally received the guitars a few weeks later. The thing that first caught my eye was the "Free" Jackson. I figured it might be one of the entry level import guitars. I am glad I sent some questions about the Jackson. The seller did not know anything about the Jackson, other than it was his first Jackson and he did not like how it played. He gave me some information about the Serial #, Address, USA logo, etc.

The first thing I did when I received the guitars was flip the ESP/LTD. The ESP/LTD sounded great with the Seymour Duncan pickups. I really liked the 59'/Distortion Combo, they complemented each other very well. Here is a link to the original auction listing:
    ESP/LTD Auction

Here are some pictures of the Jackson:

Sorry if the pictures are too large. I am still figuring out the limits of my picturing taking ability.

The bad thing is that the previous owner spray painted the entire guitar silver. He did not bother to remove the neck, hardware, etc. I spent a day removing the overspray and cleaning the hardware. The body is in good shape without any major dings. The frets are good and the neck is straight.

I sent the body and neck to GMW to be painted. I am having the headstock refinished black so I can save the logo. GMW would not install a new logo, so I went with the original black. I will post some updated pictures when I have everything put back together.

Here are some specifications of this Jackson:
    Serial #4429
    Body Work Order #3479
    Neck Work Order #3480
    Due Date 02-15-88
    Ontario Build/San Dimas Address on the Plate
    Jackson J-50B Humbucker
    Schaller Trem (I do not think this is the original trem, I remember the Schaller's showing up in 1989 or later. It may have come with a JT-6. I could be wrong on this).
    The body original body color was Black. I am having it painted a different color.

I ordered some covers and miscellaneous hardware from Budman. Awesome job, Dave! Thanks! So I am only waiting to receive the guitar so I can put everything back together.

I am excited to finally have a USA Jackson and I consider this my best deal/score (yet).

Ben

Re: USA Jackson Rescued From ESP/LTD Hell (Pic Heavy)

Nice score, can't wait to see it finished!!!

Comment

Reminds me of the way I saved Phoenix (Soloist J4337) about the same time last year. The structural work is done, just needs to be Re-Refinished (stupid can started spitting on the last coat)

Great score, and of course extra credit for the humanitarian effort. Great project to start the year with [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That is pretty cool, I remember that auction. Keep us posted on progress.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You're going like "Thank you Mr. Eraserhead Free Jackson giver!"

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Mr. Eraserhead", you are too funny Ron! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the ESP/LTD had a ground problem [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nothing cooler than a single hum Jackson strat with a floyd [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                "Mr. Eraserhead", you are too funny Ron! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I sure see a resemblance!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Great rescue! I'm sure GMW will do it up right.

Comment

Ron that's not Jordy - it's the goober that sold the ESPee and GAVE AWAY the USA Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

In what finish are you gonna paint the body?

Comment

Resembles either Eraser Head or HEED the kid with the big melon in So I Married an Axe Murderer. I saw this auction and didnt want to post it in efraid due to the no reserve auction. Nice score good to see a Jackson fan got it.

Comment

Nice save - with all that "free" wood it is calling for a killer graphic!

Comment

I would have loved to have scored that! I bet I could have salvaged all of the original finish .

Comment

Nice score. Love those band pics. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X