DK1 neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 neck

I posted some feedback on a 2002 DK 1. I found one for a great price, but I have heard the neck is very thin. All the feedback I can get would be appreciated. Unfortunately I can not play the guitar first because it is in another state. I tried to find a new one in a local shop and have not succeeded. I want to hear all positive and negative feedback on this guitar.

Re: DK1 neck

Well its thinner than a soloist neck and should be somewhat slicker because i think they put tung oil on it, i'm not 100% sure on that. I'm sure someone else could tell you for sure [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . Oh, maybe its something like the ibenhad wizard necks, cuz almost every guitar shop has ibenhads, so you can try it out.

Does anyone know how the wizard necks compare to dinkies in shape?

Comment

I recently got a new DK-1 and have been very happy with it. I'm not very familiar with the wizard necks, but I've tried them in the store before and didn't like them. I was worried about going from the soloist/rhoads neck profile to the DK-1 but I didn't have any problem with it. (although it is a very different neck shape). It just takes a few minutes to adjust when I switch between them. The oil on the neck is VERY light and feels very close to an unfinished neck. My DK-1 is a very nice guitar and plays like a USA Jackson should. It's fairly heavy and has a really solid (big) sound relative to some of my other guitars. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The original intent of the Dinky bolt on was to simulate the Soloist but with a convertible neck. The modern era Dinky DK-1 has such a similar neck profile to the Soloist SL-1 or SL2H that I cannot feel, see, or notice a difference. Custom Dinkys (prior to 1990 or true Custom Shop) do not qualify in that regard. I have a San Dimas Soloist in pink metallic sparkle with the thinnest neck of all my Jacksons, including custom Dinky guitars.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
        X