serial # question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serial # question

how many jackson rr1s of a certain color are made. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: serial # question

i've got a cherry sunburst one

Comment

Well, to respond properly to that question, you have to look at the total number of Rhoads USA models produced by Jackson. Since the early SD Rhoads would have been extremely rare in cherry burst finish, let's start with Rhoads Custom Shop guitars from 1987 through the present.

That would be 1070 "RR" serialized Custom Shop Rhoads guitars. Of those, I would guess maybe 10% or 107 of them were finished in cherry burst.

Looking at standard USA Production from 1990 through the present there have been about 12,000 Jacksons built. However, only about 1/3 were Rhoads models, as the "U0" serials were issued to the following models: Soloists, Rhoads, Kellys, King V's, and Warriors. So, 1/3 of 12,000 is 4,000 Rhoads produced. Out of that number, 10% or 400 were likely finished in cherry sunburst.

So, add the RR cherry sunbursts (107) plus the U0 cherry sunbursts (400) and you have 507 of them in existence. This is not a confirmed number, and it would be hard for anyone, including Jackson, to give you something more accurate.

Also, there were some bolt on Rhoads models produced. The late 90's RR-2 was unavailable in cherry sunburst. However, there were a smattering of true Custom Shop Rhoads built with bolt on necks. This would be indicated by a four digit serial number. However, the two I've seen were not burst models.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Great answer Joe! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You serious, Racer? I just made up all of that bogus crap! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I'm only aware of one custom shop Rhoads in Mystic and that would be mine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Of course there might be another one floating around somewhere if the owner did what I did to get that color. That is, talk Tim Wilson into letting them send him the paint to the custom shop to use [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Rudy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Baffled em with bullsh*t, eh? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What I never understood was the topic. Why is it a serial number question? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

What I never understood was the topic. Why is it a serial number question?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinkin' the same thing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X