How much can I expect to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much can I expect to get?

OK, I'm not going to lie, times are real tough here in the Ace camp. I've been eating beans and rice like every night to avoid having to do this, but they've really cut back my hours at work, and to keep from having to rob banks to pay the bills, I am going to have to give up one of my children. The child in question is a 1985 USA Jackson Rhoads V in sparkling friggin' pink. I think it is one of the student models, because it has dot inlays and a rosewood fretboard. It also has a Kahler trem on it, and all original PU's and stuff. It is missing a locking nut, and it has chips in the paint on the fins, and one of the speed knobs is silver and the others are black, but other than that, it is in good shape. What can I expect to get for it? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: How much can I expect to get?

If I had your guitar, I wouldn't part with it for under a grand. However, being realistic, you should expect somewhere from $700 to $800 for it. It's got some wear and tear, and will need a locking nut. The Student models seem to go for a little less as they lack the binding and sharkfin inlays. And many do not care for the Kahler trem, so in those regards some value is lost. I hope your situation improves so you can keep the guitar, it really sucks to have to sell one.

PS: is the pink a true metallic sparkle? Or just solid flat pink? You have pictures?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Joe, would you say the same for mine? It's an green '84 w/ OFR and some chips.

<----- click for pic
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If I was in the market for an SD Rhoads I'd offer you $650 shipped for it, Racer. It does have the modification and the "tailpiece" still showing but it's still worth some good cake. I'd be cornswaggled if you couldn't get $700 for it! Japanese bolt ons are costing more than that, and let's not forget, that's a San Dimas era Rhoads. Killer axe...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I just found out that I get to work a bunch this weekend, so that can help put off selling the guitar about another few weeks. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sux though, I've been on the verge of selling it for like a year now, with the way the economy has been and all. Fortunately I haven't got around to it yet. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be jamming with my band and Maynard from TOOL will be walking by and say "man, you guys just HAVE to tour with us!!". Then comes the signature Jackson, and the wall of amps!! Along with the Porche 911 Turbo and the house in Malibu. And to think I was gonna sell a guitar to pay for food [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll try and post pix as soon as I get off my butt and get to one of my friend's houses that has a camera that can do the sparkling pink justice!! You have to look at it close to see that it sparkles, but I am sure that it does. Or maybe I've taken one too many beer bottles to the head [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think you can get that much for it.
              A)Students just are not desired like the others.
              B) Kahlers are loathed
              C)Pink (even sparkle) is not a color most people want on their guitars.
              D) The economy blows now and it'll only get worse before it gets better.
              500-600
              Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
              X