fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fusion

to all the jacksonlogists out there: what makes a Jackson Fusion special and apart from, say, a USA Dinky?

Re: fusion

I think it's just the scale lengths, but I'm not too sure.

I think a regular USA Dinky is 25.5" and a Fusion is a 24.75"

Comment

The Fusion is a mix between a Strat body and a Les Paul neck scale.

BTW, they ROCK! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyApollo:
        I think the Fusions also had an onboard EQ and a "scallop" on the top of the body inside the treble-side horn
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The scallop is not just on Fusions. The three Dinkies I have now all have the scallop, and the Dinky I sold to Word also had it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yup, and I also believe that my 94 Granite Dinky had it too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

hey word....you should post pics of your dinky.......sounds nice

Comment

The initial Fusions (the USA Fusion and the Fusion Pro) had the onboard EQ boost circuit (the one in mine had been removed before I got the guitar, and I don't really need it, anyway). Later models didn't have that, did they--there seem to have been a riduculous array of different Fusion models in the early '90s.

As far as the contoured bottom heel, I believe the Fusion was the first Jackson bolt-on to have that feature--it is necessary, because the neck sits a bit 'deeper' on that guitar than on a Dinky, so that the contour definitely aids reaching the high frets. Of course, the Archtop Soloist had such a contour even before that, as part of the arched top.

Comment

I think the Fusions also had an onboard EQ and a "scallop" on the top of the body inside the treble-side horn

Comment

Working...
                X