Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JJP

Hello all.
    Been a long time since I've posted on this board.
    Can anyone shed some light on the JJP guitars.I found a USA JJP mahogany body and neck, rosewood finger board,small pearl dot markers,1 DiMarzio hum,1 vol.The body is cut like a les paul round top bout cut out lower bout.I am not sure but I think it is 2000 or 2001 model.It does not have the serial number in the fretboard like the JJ's but there is a sticker on the neck plate with a number. The dealer dosent really know to much about Jackson stuff,I am familiar with Charvel guitars as well as Jacksons having some weird options as well as no serial numbers(custom shop etc)but i cant find any info on these.
    Thanks
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: Jackson JJP

How much are they asking? Take advantage of their lack of knowledge and get it cheap [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I saw one being parted out on Ebay last year. It had a checkerboard trussrod cover. Anyway, can't go wrong with a USA Jackson [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I can get it for 799.00 not a bad price but i was wondering what list price is or if they still offer this model.I know the JJ's list in the 2400.00 range so I am assuming this to be the case for this guitar.It has the made in USA logo on the headstock but a sticker on the neckplate for a serial number very strange to me.
      thanks for your reply.Anybody else know about this model HELP!

Comment

$800 seems a bit high, even for a discontinued USA model that didn't exactly sell like hotcakes (as compared to the Rhoads or King V).
        I'd think they'd go for around $500-$600 with case used. But that's just me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        The sticker on the plate thing I have only seen on imports.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah thats what I thought about the sticker on the neck plate.This guitar is as new perfect condition just never sold and has all the hang tags warranty card etc.I'm almost positive its not an import.It's a very clean sounding tone fat like mahogony should be. Not sure what Di Marzio pickup,but looks like dp 101.
          HELP!

Comment

I believe that's a Super Distortion.

Comment

The only guitars I've seen with stickers have been factory refurbs or 2nd's...

Comment

Ok I do know the guitar was purchased in Knoxville Tn.I am thinking musicans freind whse so a 2nd maybe.I guess its posible to foget to serialize a guitar but if in fact a refurb why not serialize the item before it leaves the factory?I think I'll pass on this one just too many questions about authenticity.

Comment

Working...
                X