Trem replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trem replacement

Doesn't Schaller still make a 'non-branded' version of the bridge that Jackson called the JT-590? That should be a direct retrofit, I'd think, including the shorter string clamp bolts.

Comment

bump..i'd like to know the answer to the above question too, [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      Cheers

Comment

Wait a minnit - you're looking to replace the screws that hold the saddles in place? Those are Intonation Set screws and you can get them in black from http://www.stewmac.com.

I think they also carry the string lock screws (the ones that go out the back under the fine tuners)

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

pro-fusion, yes i'm pretty shure of that. I skimmed (sp?) a Schaller catalogue and i saw most of the parts for, what we know as the JT590. Exact match. I didn't see the complete trem, but i wasn't looking for that anyway. I bet you can order a complete Schaller "JT590" - direct retro-fit.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hi New:

Yeah, I would replace just the screws, but come to find out the actual place where the screws go into are stripped......so it looks like I have to replace the entire part...I just am hoping to find a used trem being I don't want ot spend $180.00 on a new one....

Comment

No need to find a used trem, although i`ve just sold my last Black Baseplate to Jackson1, I`ve got more on order. These Baseplates now have hardened inserts for the Saddle Screws and the extra long scews are included. In England , they are £21.95, so no need to spend loads of money on a whole new Trem.

Comment

Working...
              X