Any idea what this is? Custom Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what this is? Custom Shop

I'm thinking about grabbing this one, but the guy has little to no info on it. Any opinions as to model/specs./value will be appreciated. It's priced at $799.00...

Re: Any idea what this is? Custom Shop

Looks like a PC2. Pretty much a PC1 minus the Floyd and Sustainer...produced in limited quantities. Mahogany body, maple neck, flamed maple board, wilkinson trem, looks like Duncans. As for the value? I'd say $799 is pushing it without more info. Is that a Custom Shop decal on the headstock? A PC2 was in the classifieds recently and the owner was thinking $700.

If Brooks comes around he'll know for certain what it is.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

PC2...

You can get a killer PC1, USA, sustainer for a tad over a grand... I think it's high as well.

Doesn't look like a Mr Graphic guitar, IMO... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

I just got it lowered to $600.00...deal?

Comment

I'd say yes. It is USA made and they are a great guitar. Grab it, I don't think you can lose at $600.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yes, PC2 and that's a fair deal at $600.

Be careful, though: they made an import PC3 with a very similar layout. Get a closeup of the headstock to confirm the "USA" and "custom shop" logos are legit. And those PUs should be real Duncans, too. Not Duncan Designeds.

Comment

Thanks aloy guys, I'm gonna' pass on it. Pat was right, it's not a "Mr Graphic" guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think there was someone else selling his and was in Trans Red and looked much better.
                It had better Maple top.

Comment

I've been looking at the guitar for a while now. I think it is the headstock that has stopped me from pulling the trigger. I have never seen that headstock or a Wilkinson trem on a USA Jackson. Has anyone else?

Comment

That's the normal USA PC-1 headstock shape isn't it? And I think VWall recently had a custom shop PC-1 with a Wilkinson trem.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Sparky, that's the standard PC headstock that's been in use for almost a decade now! And about three people above told you that it's a PC-2, which had the Wilkinson. Not only that, the JRS-1 was a USA model with a Wilky. And to put some more egg on the face, with a Custom you can get any bridge you want...
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I say ANYTHING with Custom Shop on the headstock is a good deal for $600.00.
                        P.S. Ditto what Joe said.

Comment

Doug,he's had that for a long time now,it's not as clean as it looks in that pic,it need set-up work & it's too much $$ imo!!

Comment

Thanks Chuck, I'm gonna' pass on it...

Comment

The Bloodspater man comes through again!
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X