1989 pickguard interchange??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 pickguard interchange??

Hello all... I have a 1989 Jackson Custom shop strat with the Star Trek theme that I am returning back to stock. It has an 8 hole pickguard. I removed it and here is what I found. It is made by Chandler. The pickguard, pots, switch, knobs and the 3 Fender custom shop Texas Special pickups were all installed aftermarket in 1993.I have the reciept. I can tell that this guitar did not come with 3 single coils originally because the body was routed slightly where the bridge single coil goes to allow for the slant of it. I am sure it had a humbucker in the bridge. It has a "bathtub" route so any pickup config would work. I need a new pickguard. I would like to go with h/s or maybe s/s/h or even just 1 humbucker. Would any early Charvel/Jackson 8 hole pickguard work? There is a Charvel model 3 pickguard on Ebay and it is 8 hole. Would that work? If not, where can I get a Jackson 8 hole pickguard for a Floyd Rose equipt guitar? One more thing. The Jackson Floyd Rose is chrome with a krinkle finish. It says Jackson on the side and Licensed under Floyd Rose Patents on the top. The trem block says Made in Taiwan R.O.C. on the side of it. Is it original?

Re: 1989 pickguard interchange??

No offense, bro, but I'm not even sure the guitar is original. I remember seeing it on eBay too many times...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The body and the headstock have exactly the same custom graphics. The neckplate is #6934. Mark Mcdonough did work at Jackson Ontario at the time. His brother Tom (who's name is engraved on the rear aluminum trem cover) is a fairly famous astronomer (thus the Star Trek theme). I know that the pickguard and electronics are not original. I have a few early San Dimas Charvels and Jacksons so I am pretty good at telling if one is real or not. I even compared the font on the custom engraving on the back to another custom shop 1989 and it is identical. The tuners are correct, the fret markers and spacing is correct, even the grain/tint and finish on the back of the neck is the same as another 89' that I have. The strap buttons are correct, and the case is correct. Except for the electronics and my question about the Floyd; what would lead you to believe that it isn't real??

Comment

Post a pic of the entire body in as close up as you can. Then post a pic of the headstock front and back, close as you can. Need to see it again to make sure it's not the one from eBay.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Here are some pics. These are the only ones I have right now. Hope this works. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Here is a link to the pics if it doesn't work again. Thanks for your help on this Jackson pics

Comment

Working...
            X