chrome or black hardware rr1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome or black hardware rr1 ?

I"m figuring that I'm goign to be placing an order for a USA RR-1 around my birthday in August sometime. And I'm probably going to order a transparent finish for it. The one thing I was wondering is whether or not the chrome hardware is optional or not. I'd really like to have, say a RR-1 in Violin Brown with a black pickguard as opposed to the chrome, however, the chrome would be mouthwatering too...just not orgasmic. Either way I'd be satified, but I already have a black RR-3 with chrome hardware. Just wondering about that.

Re: chrome or black hardware rr1 ?

If not from Jackson, possibly from GMW. Do Rhoads come with chrome pickguards as well as the chrome hardware? I don't think I've ever seen that. Hell, I'm not sure I've even seen a transparent finish Rhoads.

Comment

Yes, the trans finish (flame top) Rhoads has a chrome pickguard. They are quite common and have been since 1996, at least as far as USA Select models go.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, chrome pickguard, too, on the trans finishes. The pics I've seen don't thrill me. It's big enough that it looks like a partial-mirror finish. Yech. Maybe it looks better in person, though.

Generally, though, I prefer gold or chrome on trans finishes. Just looks more classic and, IMHO, black has been overdone on too many guitar lines. Even on the solid finishes. Heck, I'd love to get an RR1 with gold hardware and in white w/black pinstripes or black with gold pinstripes. Heck, if you can buy an import RR5 like that, why not a USA?

Comment

With the Exception of the PC1 and the JJ2, all the USA Selects have Chrome Hardware standard on Trans Finishes, black on all solid colors and Graphics.

Matt

Comment

I would really be happy with just about any rr1 or rr1t. but I'll probably do a switcheroo on the hardware if I get a trans.

the red crimson swirl is awesome too though....it'd have black hardware with that? too many finishes to choose from.

Comment

...GOLD !!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd say with violin brown the black pickguard and hardware would be cool. The subtleness of contrast between black and brown would definitely add to the look of the guitar. Chrome and brown don't seem to mix and would definitely detract attention away from the finish.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I do not believe hardware color can be black with a see through finish. That would be chrome. You can always change it out after the fact, or you can order it through the Custom Shop. While not violin brown, I did my King V black even though it came chrome:

Comment

that's nice. so you can order the rhoads pick guard and floyd and all that in black afterwards? I should have thought of that. Sweetness. I"m going to do that. too bad this is way in the future for me. I want it NOW

Comment

Perhaps I was not clear enough in my post. I do not believe you can get any USA Select with trans finish with black hardware. They come with chrome. What I did in the above example is I got the King V in chrome and with my own hardware that I bought separate from Jackson I installed black to get the look I wanted. Does that make sense?

Comment

I got it, how about I take the pickguard into Tiffany's and have them embed it with diamonds and saphires.

Comment

yeah that makes sense. I could purchase a black rhoads pickguard from jackson right? That's all I'm wondering about really. I might get a RR1T also...since I already have the floyd on the RR3.

I'm a rhoads *****, if you can't tell.

Comment

Working...
                          X