Dave Mustaine v?????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine v?????????????

ive been looking for a dave mustaine king v for years now in all black or in white with black trim...and i found one but the problem is is that it has a floyd...and i thought his had a kahler..and his name is not on the headstock???

help me please..........
    did some old 80's ones have a floyd..i'll get the serial# and post it soon...thanx [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Dave Mustaine v?????????????

Not all KVs are "Mustaines". In fact, most aren't. Sounds like a custom KV (..likely if it's 80s) or a KV2. And, yes, Floyds are common. I'd venture a guess that most have Floyds, even.

[ April 04, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

i know....im looking at one that a jcf guy is selling as a
      mustaine model..just wandering..

Comment

There were a few Musicians Friend Dave V's and Marty Kellys that had gold hardware with Floyds, and a few others that had black Floyds. They're a little more rare than with the fixed bridge Kahler.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Some people will put "Mustaine" in the listing to cash in on the hope that it'll draw more money - kinda like the clowns who put "Pre-Fender" in their ads.
          I saw an Ebay listing for a "Mustaine model" KV3! Of course, the only Mustaine sig models were the KV1 with his sig on it and the Y2KV, but since not everyone knows that, they try to con people into it.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wasn't the MIJ Mustaine King V Pro also a DM sig model? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yep this one has black hardware...and a serial number that starts with DM.....so............(dave mustaine???)

Comment

my dave mustard v starts with UO man
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

yep there was a japan line pro V's in the late 80's or early 90's with his name on it as well .//Steve

Comment

Yeah, "DM" serial #s are Mustaine models.

Comment

You're talking about my King V. Serial # DM 2393, made in USA. Floyded, dual hums too. I'm selling it cheap. It's a Mustaine.

[email protected]

Comment

Brett - how cheap? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc, email me offline bro and I'll work you a deal. Cash talks, and I may have to hold off on shipping this one out for a few days until UPS settles up. You know how that goes. ha ha.

[email protected]

PS - Yes, I'm online at 3:00AM on a Saturday night, but I'm not a total loser. I have an excuse...I just arrived at my NEW stripper girlfriend's pad and she's not off work yet.

[ April 06, 2003, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: brett8388 ]

Comment

Actually, I was going to talk trades - gotta sell to get cash, but before I saw your reply I dashed off another trade offer for a honey of a KV - if he passes, and the PCS sells, then I'll be in touch [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc

p.s. and I'm online at 3 am because I'm a total loser [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ April 06, 2003, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]

Comment

Working...
                            X