Fender skyrocketed the prices of the USA Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender skyrocketed the prices of the USA Jacksons

[img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I just when over to Musician's Friend and they upped the prices by like $500. A KE2 Kelly that was $1419.99 in Eerie Dess Swirl is now $1969.99 [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Ohhh, I am so angry right now. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Nek

[ April 07, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Nek ]

Re: Fender skyrocketed the prices of the USA Jacksons

Flatpicker's got it right, and this doesn't apply to MF only. It applies to all Jackson dealers now. Just because that's the minimum advertised price (MAP) doesn't mean that's what they'll sell it at. i.e, With MF, don't order over the web, call their 800 line and they should give you a better price verbally.

And, besides, there are many other Jackson dealers - OSG included - who will give you a better price and service than MF anyway.

Comment

P.S.- If it's not painfully clear already, Fender did not increase Jackson's actual prices to buyers. They established a floor below which dealers can't advertise a lower price. Bottom line: same old prices, as far as you're concerned.

[ April 07, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Fender didn't establish the MAP, it was going into effect during the buyout.

Comment

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good, all that is good to heard. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Thanks,
            Nek

Comment

The Minimum Adverstised Price(MAP) went into effect under the AMIC administration as the result of a certain dealer whining about OSG's low prices and the business he was losing.

Can't blame Fender for that one.

Comment

I got one that is in excellent/mint shape and has lots of definition in the paint for $1000 with case plus shipping if your into it. let me know.
                I am only selling it because I bought a Ke1 and I have a ke2 in Blue Flametop that is my player so if that is good for you then email me at
                [email protected]

[ April 07, 2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Firebird V ]

Comment

I think that it is just the MAP that you are seeing increase.
                  Don't buy from MF and you can still get great deals. MF can only advertise the MAP, so Therefore that is the price that they will sell it for.

I just purchased my first Jackson from OSG for a much lower price.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Just one dealer complaining caused all that? Don't be shy Greg, tell us all who it is... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you've been around long enough, you can probably make an educated guess. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

email this place....they'll beat any price
                        instrument pro tell them what you want and they will quote it.

Comment

The "OFFICIAL" MAP price structure was not implimented till the end of Jan. AMIC merely suggested I raise my prices but never demanded I do it.

Anyone in the world can quote lower than me if they so desired and if you happen to mention "I saw it at OSG for $$$$" but nobody is quoting lower than me for USA Jackson's unless asked. Without tooting my own horn, nobody was even close to the prices I am offering untill I came along.

Comment

Ok, I haven't been around long enough. Who was complaining?
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I'll take a chance and say it was GuitarXpress? Or was it ****ar Center? Maybe it was Daddy's Junkass We-Don't-Do-Online-Sales-Anymore-But-We-Keep-Our-Online-Inventory-List-Updated-Just-To-Say-Screw-You-To-Those-Who-Live-Outside-New-York? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X