another custom shop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another custom shop question

Let me start this way: Once upon a time I ordered a custom shop guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

... and after a looong wait, I've been told that the guitar was in the painting phase. That was 7 months ago. Does anybody of you guys know how long it approximately takes from painting until a CS guitar is completed?

No, I'm not impatient - a good guitar takes as long as long as it takes - only curious [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: another custom shop question

Not 7 months. Generally I think it is like 15 days or something like that. I would guess a month at the latest. Unless it's something with body cut outs. Then it can take forever and a year. lol
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Thanks Soloist1!
      15 days, wow!!! No body cut outs, it's a pretty simple guitar. Technically it's just a PC-1 with tune-o-matic bridge and different pickups (and minus Phil Collen signature, I guess [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Comment

Wow... I'd have your dealer call and bug FMIC. It sounds like someone screwed up and they had to remanufacture your guitar.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, after paint, I would imagine the hardware needs to be installed. Electronics. Strung and set up. Sitting in wharehouse inventory for a month or more, while they figure out what model a "custom" is, and what the proper code for it is in the database before they allow it to ship it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I remember the Bullseye Reissue run taking a couple of months for everything else AFTER they were painted. But seven months sounds quite long.

Comment

Also, I understand that they are going to keep the guitar for some amount of time (I want to say up to a month!??!) to let the finish "cure" before shipping. Also note that if you have requested that Dan L. do the graphic (or requested a complex graphic that he would normally provide), that may send things side ways as he is way way backed up.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Thanks for your opinions! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Seems I have to contact my dealer again...

Comment

I was told my guitar was at paiting stage that was in July.
                Then I received mine by end of last month.
                It took about 6months?
                Total was almost 11-12months after I ordered it.

I am sure you guitar sshould be ready by now.

Comment

I was told that my guitar is finished in June, but I got her in October... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey dinkyjacksonman, then it seems that 7 months is not unusuall at all. I've been told about the painting stage in June, because the CS had a question about painting the sides and back. Probably they started to paint a bit later, then everything makes sense [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ryhenki, from June to October must have been a very hard time for you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

both the bullseyes and my bigmouth took several months after paint, they still need to be assembled,wired and set-up as well as inspected.
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I actually think there's a black hole that the guitars have to pass through when they're being built. It must be somewhere in the assembly line between paint and shipping. I've had many phone calls from Jackson stating that "work order XXXX is complete and should be arriving shortly", only to have it actually arrive here about 2 months later.

That's my theory anyway...
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Yeah, I think they call it wormhole. Things vanish in there and pop up again at a different time (and place?). Jackson has to find a way to use it in the other direction [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't wait to see your guitar!
                            PC1 with Tune o matic bridge?
                            WOW!
                            I hope you get yours soon.
                            I just placed my new order yesterday.. let's see how long it would take this time..

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I can't wait to see your guitar!

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, me too... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                              PC1 with Tune o matic bridge?
                              WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not only the tune-o-matic. The other difference is, that it will have a 2 humbucker configuration without sustainer system (emg 60 at the neck and emg 85 at the bridge). Well, actually it can't be called PC-1 anymore, but it's a PC-1 with the mentioned modifications.

Hope that you don't have to wait too long this time!

Comment

Working...
                              X