Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• store prices

HI to you all
    can anyone tell me what is the store price of a KE2 in the US?
    thanks

Re: store prices

Depending on the store and their desperation, $1000 to $1200 for a solid color. Add a little for trans finishes and graphics.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Uh, new? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'm thinking he should expect to pay in the $1300 to $1600-ish range at most places. Lower end for solid finishes, middle for transparents, higher end for graphics.

However, there are a few places talked about frequently on this Board that will do better than that "norm". Hint, hint. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, new. Don't pay over $1200 for any new Kelly. They are on eBay all day long for less.

Comment

(...Attempting to do math in my head, and failing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...)

Uh, that'd be almost 50% off list price for a plain-jane new KE2. 47% or so, to be prcise. Using a calculator, that is. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] If you can find one for that price, absolutely grab it. I'm just saying store pricing at those levels ain't too common.

[ April 11, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Joe, Itzko asked in another thread where to look for Jacksons in NY. Between the two, I'm assuming he's asking for store prices because he's going to be in the US / NY, and wants to buy from store stock. He may not be looking to shop around the net and such. Not disagreeing with you, just trying to make the point that it may not be applicable to this dude's buying situation and/or preferences.

[ April 11, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

shreddermon is correct.
              i am going to be in NY in the near future and i want to buy there a new black ke2 in a store.
              i have been looking through the web for the guitar in all the major and non major online traders and couldn't find one in stock. everybody has it on order from jackson and the ETA is in months.
              so i said "**** it" i'm gonna buy it when i'll visit new york. the thing is - i always thought that buying online will cost less then in a store.
              so i would like to know how much does it cost in a regular store.
              thanks for all the information....

Comment

Itzko, Joe is correct that shopping around through the net, and other sources will get you a much better price. Also, it is highly unlikely that you will find the exact model and color you're looking for in stock somewhere. USA Jacksons just aren't like Fender Strats, Gibson Les Pauls, etc. The store stock selections are typically slim.

If you're set on getting a new black KE2 - and nothing else - you'll likely be better off ordering from a dealer, sucking up the few months' worth of wait, and having them ship it to you. But you'll save quite a few bucks, too.

[ April 11, 2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Be smart and take Joe's advice at face value. He buys and sells a lot of Jackson guitars and is a great source of information. He knows what he is talking about.

Comment

Thanks, LRGman. I just like to see guys get good deals. I've been lucky over the years to have done some good ones myself, including a few recent ones here on the JCF. I can see why people are hesitant to buy online, but that's why I recommend you acquaint yourself with reputation, pricing, and availability. To me, that alone is worth the $300 or $400 difference in buying from a store.

Comment

Whatever, I say he is a fool who buys a new Jackson for over $1200...Fuhcryinoutloud, I paid that for a NAMM Explorer neck through and it was MINT, new to the T. And if I told you what I paid for a new Custom Shop Jax...you wouldn't believe me. Search around, look for deals. Don't accept the 40% off list bs, do your homework and be a savvy shopper. I'll sell anyone on the Forum a brand new Jackson USA KE2 in purple pavo, with hang tag, warranty and case for $1200 plus shipping. Betcha not a soul will email me.

Joe
                      [email protected]

Comment

Yeah I hate to hear about anybody overpaying...for anything!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, like a Zoraxe or a Model 4 with a Sub Camo graphic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                            Yeah I hate to hear about anybody overpaying...for anything!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i overpayed for my jackson by kinda more then i should have but now that i have it i dont really care

Comment

nevermind.
                              Previous statement could be misconstrued or some other big word like that. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ April 13, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: A.Pulverizer ]

Comment

Working...
                              X