Info about Jackson! PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about Jackson! PLEASE HELP

I am buying a Jackson USA guitar and could you tell me some information of this guitar.

http://www.musaporssi.fi/ftp/images/20576.gif
    This guitars serial number is 6044 and it is bolt-on.
    Does that means it is made 1987,1988 or 1989?
    This guitar has Jackson mic is that a good mic compared to seymour duncan mics?
    I think the neck is maple but what wood is the body?
    It has one humbucker and volume pot and switch with you can half the mic. Are these common set up for that age Jackson? What do you think this Jackson is worth?
    Please help

Re: Info about Jackson! PLEASE HELP

That is certainly not a common switch and knob location. I would like to see pics of the back to make sure it's actually a Jackson body.

Comment

I sort of know the person it belonged to originally. He's from Finland. He told me he ordered it that way. I see this is at a music store in Finland, so I'm pretty sure it's the same guitar. I have another pic of it he sent me about a year or so ago.

Comment

This guitars price is 1050$ and the case is in very bad shape. The guitar has lots of scrathes. What do you think is the price too much? What this guitar is really worth?

Comment

I'd still like to see the cavity route, but assuming the body is real i'd say like $600.00.

Comment

You call pickups mics in finland? I like.

Comment

Yeah they are pickups but my english is not very good so i didn't remember the word.

Comment

Keep exchange rate and availability of USA Jacksons in Europe in mind. The dollar is really weak right now compared to the euro & I doubt that cool USA Jackson strats are very common there. The price might not be too bad, and you can always try to negotiate it down. As far as the pickup, my guess is that it is probably a J-90C. Some people love them, some people replace them. All a matter of taste.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and contact 1 of the dealers here.
                  I'll guess that you can get a brand new guitar shipped to you cheaper than buying used there.

Comment

I tend to agree, but there is something about a broekn in maple neck that really gets my attention.
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

In Finland that is a killer deal for an 80s custom shop Jackson. Guitars like that often go for 600-700 usd on Ebay but you have to add at least 100usd for shipping and pay customs of almost 30%.
                      Also basically every guitar ordered to Finland in the late 80s was a special custom order so the specs can be anything. They didn't have Jacksons in stock at the time. One knob, single hum layout seems to be the most common. Also most are with Jackson pickups and Floyd Rose trems. Also funnily almost all Rhoads guitars ordered were rearloaded and many with 24 frets. I call it the Finnish layout. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you have questions email me at [email protected] and if you end up buying the guitar send pics and info to me so
                      I can add it here: http://ca.regionline.fi/unitar/guitarpalace
                      My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X