something im considering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something im considering

well I recently got a great deal on a 1958 gibson es-225, got it for 900 bucks. I'm now considering selling it and picking up another usa jackson(i already own an sl2h-mah in trans-green). I would probably get a flying v, not sure if id go with a rhoads or a king v yet though. Anyways, what is everybody's thoughts on me doing this?

Also, I;m considering maybe getting a carvin custom 7 string, first i have to decide if im even gonna sell the gibson though.

Re: something im considering

<font color="yellow">Only you can make that determination.

It all comes down to what you have, what you want, and what you are willing to accept to go for it.

Personally, to me, I don't want a guitar around that I'm not going to play and enjoy, regardless of the make or model. But, I'm a player and not a collector, so therin lies the difference.

If you feel comfortable with selling it/trading it to get something that you would enjoy more, go for it.

That's just my $0.02 worth tho [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

thanks for the advice, honestly, I dont play the gibson a whole lot, and I could probably get more then I paid for it. If I got another jackson or a carvin I'd probably play that as much as my current jackson. Thanks again for your input though.

Comment

Well the RR1, KV2, and Carvin 727 are all guitars I have thought about or am thinking about getting. I would sell the Gibson in a heartbeat, but that's just me. LPC is right, it's entirely based on your preferences.

Comment

i try to keep around only players but I started collecting and then i felt bad so.... i sold the collectors... jcf01 and 02 now will be residing at Brad Ensminger's home... To not play them is just bad mojo.... !

Comment

do you know if they take trades over at matt's music?

Comment

Contact Matt directly via PM.

He's a great guy to deal with from everything I've heard.

Doesn't hurt to ask the question.

Comment

He might be interested in what you have as it is a collectable. Good luck!

Comment

Yes,Matts will take trade-ins,don't expect top $$ from any dealer though,it's always better(more $$!!)to sell the guitar yourself!!

Comment

yeah, i will probably sell it myself, but we'll see what happens.

Comment

yeah, i will probably sell it myself, but we'll see what happens. There is a 1959 online with a few daysd left at 941 right now and it doesn't even have all original parts.

Comment

I think you really need to know what you want to do with your Gibson.

There are so many guitars to choose from.
                        So it would be a good idea to go to a large guitar store and try as many guitars as possible to find what you really want.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          i try to keep around only players but I started collecting and then i felt bad so.... i sold the collectors...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh c'mon Chris you can't mean that, no one could possibly feel bad for owning cool guitars. Myself I'm occasionally sort of vaguely alarmed that they seem to multiply like rabbits around here but feel bad? Nope. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I think you really need to know what you want to do with your Gibson.

There are so many guitars to choose from.
                            So it would be a good idea to go to a large guitar store and try as many guitars as possible to find what you really want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thing is I've always wanted a flying v with the lightning graphic on it, whether it be kv2 or a rhoads I don't know yet. At this point I'm about 90% sure I'm going to sell/trade, but when/if it happens won't be for 3 months or so at least.

Comment

I agree with the idea that if you do not play it it, dont buy it (but I have been guilty of holding onto some guitars recenty that I either 1) in the case of a pair of Vs, I have an attachment to going way back or 2) in the case of a pair of neck-through soloist types, I did play for a while and expect I may play again [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]).
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X