HELP! old Charvel in pawn shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! old Charvel in pawn shop!

Im looking at buy this Charvel in a local pawn shop but have no idea what it is.. the serial number is
    C 704 135.
    It is a neck thru model with 2 jackson pups, they are black covered ones, dont know if they are active or not. It has the old Charvel logo, NOT the newer spaghetti logo. Also a non recessed floyd rose trem. Its in really good conditon and i can get it for $250. let me know where this guitar was made and if that is a good price!

Thanks for ANY HELP!

Re: HELP! old Charvel in pawn shop!

If it has 3 knobs and a 5 way switch, it sounds like a 1987 Model 5 Charvel which were made in Japan. Excellent guitar and if it's in excellent condition, it's worth it(but try to get it for $200.00! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). Just make sure you check for cracks around the tuner holes!
    Good luck!
    Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks for the response budman, yeah it does have three knobs so it must be a model 5, cheers!
      I didnt ckeck the tuner holes for cracks, is that a common problem with those models... and if it does have any cracks should i leave it well alone?

Comment

that would be a really good deal if in good condition for 250 w/case. I have bunch of these old model series and they are great guitars, if I could find a neck-thru for that price I'd get it.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
        X