First purchase of 2005 is a USA nagel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First purchase of 2005 is a USA nagel

I first heard of this one back in October. A small store moved into a new shopping plaza about a mile from my house. I stopped in to check out the store and see what they had. I started talking to the owner and told him that if he ever gets any Jacksons or Charvels in, he should give me a call. He then tells me that he took in an older Jackson on trade but one of his guitar teachers "bought it." The only problem was the teacher never paid for it so the store owner was trying to get it back from him. The only details he could tell me about the guitar was that it was a bolt on with a "Japanese lady" graphic.

So every couple weeks I would stop in the store to say Hi, see what was new, and see if they had any news on this guitar. He kept telling me that he was trading phone calls with the guitar teacher and that he would give me a call if/when he gets it back.

Well, this weekend I got a call from the store owner! And here's what I came home with.

It's in great shape except for a ding on the top contour just above the bridge pickup and another small ding on the back. The prior owner(s) swapped out the pickups and installed EMGs (you can see that they installed the bridge pickup on a slight angle and didn't reuse the original holes). But other than that it's very clean.

The white in the graphic is aging - it's more of a yellow/ivory than a white. The maple neck is super smooth and in killer shape. It has an Ontario plate, serial #7164. The trem cavity has a stamp in it that shows a work order number in pencil (either 5739 or 6739 - tough to make it out), a date of 8/28/89, marked as "graphic" and a signature (more like a scribble which is also tough to read). I haven't taken it apart yet to check the markings in the neck pocket but I'll get around to that.

So what do you think? I've seen a couple nagel graphics on the Jackson website and a few on GMW's. Any one else have pics of nagel graphics or know where I can find some?

John

Re: First purchase of 2005 is a USA nagel

Cool score. May I ask how much you payed for it?

Comment

That's cool: very 80's! I'd get the pickups painted to fill in the graphic though.....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very cool score, it looks awesome!

Comment

Here is a link to pics and description of my Nagel guitar...
          http://www.usacharvels.com/charvel/n...ls/nagelgs.htm

Cheers
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

very cool. i dig those. they remind me of duran duran!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I don't believe I have ever seen one photographed that well. Looks great

Comment

Good score dude...How much? (If you don't mind, of course).

Comment

I had chance to buy one over here about 6/7 years ago - I never saw it, but it was described as looking like the Duran Duran 'Rio' cover - I passed on it and I'm kicking myself now!
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks guys. I thought it was a little different and I love the neck so I couldn't pass it up. The store owner wanted to get his money back out of it for the credit he gave on the trade-in. I got it for $650 out the door with a Jackson chainsaw hardshell case (that has seen some mileage).

Comment

Very cool, if there is nothing structurally wrong with it , I would agree with nelli and send it over to Lee and have them paint the pickup covers, then it would look really amazing.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I like it!
                        I have been GASing for a USA Dinky with Maple board these days..
                        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

very nice! Congrats
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

cool score
                            i like face graphics

Comment

Where there ever any actual Nagel-images used? Most are Nagel-ish in character, like the two above, but I can´t remember seeing one with an actual Nagel design. I´ve heard that Nagel, and later his estate, are pretty protective of his images.

Comment

Working...
                              X