Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: volume pot location misery

ty chuck.
    Ok seriously folks, maybe i should have just stated in this thread "not happy with sl2h volume pot placement, any suggestions on ways to change this?".
    Its apparent if you write more than 1 sentence, it either confuses some people or they dont want to take the time to read the whole thing. This was a thread asking for HELP from people with similar experiances, not a thread to "whine" about your beloved (and my beloved) jackson guitars. I've already gotten several helpful replies from people that were in the EXACT same situation. Thats all i needed. thank you

[ April 27, 2003, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: Gilbert ]
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

now you get to rename the thread "volume pot location happiness" and we won't ban you from the forum... go edit.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

hahah
        www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert:
          oh and charvel750,
          I've used jacksons exclusively for years now. Do you own a usa soloist? if so, your completely happy with the volume pot placement?
          This post wasnt a random whining, it was to ask for suggestions on how to improve this problem. Spare me the mindless fanboy replies.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, Gilbert: Never owned a Soloist, but I...oh whatever!
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

lol
            www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Hey cool board! I always thought the volume knob placement was a bite in the ass. I've been using Rhoads V's since around '90, and the first thing I did was to vanquish the tone pot (who needs those tone sucking things in metal anyway), and moved the volumes over, To hell with the hole. All mine are modded that way..period. Play gibson V's for 20 years and then see how nice the Rhoads factory volume placement feels (yuk). Now, if I can get past those lousy banjo frets they put on my KV2s I would be a happy man!

[ May 07, 2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Anubis ]

Comment

I think Randy just turned over in his grave. Did you hear it too, Gilbert?

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I know I heard some russeling under ground. I see how the knob can be in the way. I too ocassionaly have a similar problem with rolling the volume down accidently. Oh well no biggie. O do bump in to it occasionally without rolling it down. So i just watch my right hand and adjust. It only happens on certain guitars when I play a certain way. But for the most part no problem. I haven't really considered altering the possition of the knob but if I were to do so. I would probably just try a smaller knob like that on a strat. And see if that helped. Being a smaller top on it yould be less likely to bump into it.
                  If that didnt work I would try switching the pots and leaving the knob off the pot.
                  Gil

Comment

Working...
                  X