H/S/H on a USA Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: H/S/H on a USA Jackson

That ain't the "Real Deal" any more than Joe's SD or Donnies. It's modded, too.

Comment

I was addressing the PS-4 comment and i inadvertently adopted the statement from the description of the ebay auction, sorry fellows.

Chuck, would you say that the ebay one also is a modded H/S/S?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

There is no conclusive evidence in that eBay auction to say whether or not the neck route was originally done for a hum or single coil. Very few Soloists had a neck humbucker, and when they did, the guitar was generally a dual hum with no middle single. But anything's possible, I mean, look at that Kahler trem!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I disagree, Joe. Its obviously modded. Look carefully at the close up pic of the pickups.

Look at the front half of the route visable between the pickup and the mounting ring and compare it to the single coil route of the middle pickup. Now look at the rear half of the front pickup route.

Comment

the only soloist i've seen with that config. was made for the guitarist of a band called wall st in atl...he ordeed it that way, white, reverse matchung head, 2 hums and 1 sc in the middle...there was barely any room between the pickups...the guitar is in ben's possession now...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The one on ebay is my old Jackson - I bought it NEW in 1985 and sold it last year. If you want the exact history, email me.

[email protected]

Comment

Brett, was it originally a neck hum? And, what were you thinking with that trem?!
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                X