• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Shannon Back at Jackson Custom Shop 100%

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:
    Actually, I hate Ibanez.
    I am just talking ****.
    Perhaps a bit too much.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Waddaya mean, perhaps? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I've also noticed that you go on & on about the Ibanez thing in many posts, without so much as a gremlin or anything. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] So, if we Jackson fans *think* you're a dick, it's because you came across that way. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    R
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

OK, back to the subject at hand:

Let me be the first to say:

I TOLD YOU SO! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, there's too much dickitry going on around here! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey kickass man. Welcome back [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Its all cherry.
            I have ran it into the ground as well.
            My apologies.

Does this mean we can get Shannon soloists again?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
              Oh wow... Everyone thought that would never happen.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahem. About 6 months ago, I said it would happen....and nobody believed me! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

(looks for original post)

Hmmm can't find it...it was in the middle of one of the heated Fender posts last winter...

R

Comment

Because the rumor at the time was he left Jackson in part because of Donnie Wade. Sounds like a marketing ploy by the VP of Marketing himself.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Great news... welcome back Mike! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

So it looks like the prices on those old Shannon Soloists are gonna come down I guess then.

Comment

I disagree 100% with that statement. If anything, this will expose more consumers to Mike's name and handywork, and bring more interest in the "old" 1998 Shannons.

Anyone have an extra Blue Ghost Flame Shannon they want to sell? My spare needs a spare.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                        Waddaya mean, perhaps?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you mean. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The opportunity was there.

[ May 08, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: JimmyApollo ]

Comment

Originally posted by Hossman:
                          Welcome Mike back to the Custom Shop as Jacksons Master Builder [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          First Day on the job went great [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CHEERS
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">very cool ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] hey hossman do you know him or something , how'd ya find out ? //Steve

Comment

hoss, thanks for the update, and putting the word "fender" in that last sentence. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Kev, I suppose what I meant was USA Production didn't suffer with Shannon's departure. I only own one Custom Shop from 1999 and it's as good as all of my "Shannon era" Custom Shops, of which I own quite a number of. I also have several of the USA Selects from when Shannon was absent and they are fine specimens, on par with the Custom Shop Warrior I have. I'm glad he's back too, I just like seeing people remain true to one thing for a long time. Like John Elway, stayed on the same team for all those years, won a SB, was a Pro Bowler, etc. All with the Broncos. I'm currently teaching in room #109 A. I envision my self being 65 when the next teacher gets this room!
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
                                I disagree 100% with that statement. If anything, this will expose more consumers to Mike's name and handywork, and bring more interest in the "old" 1998 Shannons.

Anyone have an extra Blue Ghost Flame Shannon they want to sell? My spare needs a spare.

[email protected]
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I was merely stating that for 2 reasons. The first reason being simple that since there will be more Shannon soloists in the future hence creating more supply to meet the current demand. Furthermore the only people who have a demand for Shannon soloists are the big time Jackson fans much like the people on this board. The vast majority will just say good soloist=Jackson and not look any further into it. And the second reason being Mike Shannon is probably even more experienced now than he was 5 years ago creating even higher quality work than before. Seems that the old ones, while still extremely high quality guitars, might just fall short of what he might be capable of producing these days hence a drop in the overall desire to own them. Although I must admit it will probably be nice to score those guitars on the cheap because they are very very nice.

But regardless it's good too see Jackson getting an excellent craftsman back to help out the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X