1988 tremolo parts / emg pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 tremolo parts / emg pickups

Yeah I got an 88 soloist with the funky Jackson locking trem and I need new screws for the bridge clamps because the heads are stripped. Oh and Iwas also wondering how bad it will void my warranty on my rhoads if I put mg 81s in it [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: 1988 tremolo parts / emg pickups

its a jt-6 trem I need parts for

Comment

Bill, on eBay there is a seller (swalter1, I believe) who sells these parts, do a search and find him. As far as voiding the warranty on your Rhoads, I wouldn't sweat it. How old is it anyway? If you do the installation yourself and know what you're doing, how can you ever suffer electronics faults? And if you have a pro do it, they are responsible for any electronics faults that may occur down the road.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah you know what I put the pick ups in the guitar is sick now. Um as for the screws I foudn em on ebay shortly after I made the first post. SO when I get some cash I'll order them.

Comment

Bill:

Here is an idea for you that I have used before and it seems to work out OK for me. Upon opening up the control cavity, you can readilly see where the pup conductors go to easily, what I do is get some insulated bullet connectors from someplace like RadioShack or someplace that installs car audio, and make the connections semi-permanent...that way you can try out different pups without worrying about lead length, solder damage etc. and they are pretty secure mechanically.

Changing pups shouldn't really do much to your warranty...really, who would know you put EMG's in there if you brought it back with the original pups. Electronic repairs (as a general rule) really aren't too expensive from a tech....compared to refrets, binding etc. That can get out of control quick.

Hope this helps ya out.
          [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the warranty covers the wood/paint more than the electronics, except to guarantess the pickups and knobs will work without error.

And what do you mean "sick"? Sick=good or sick=not good/has a problem?

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X