What Did I Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did I Buy?

Hi everyone, I bought my first Jackson today but I'm not sure what it is. It has a strat body with H/S/H pickups, 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob. Below the knobs are three minitoggle switches, between the knobs is a bigger three way toggle switch. The tremelo is a Floyd, with locking nut. The neck is bolt on, the neck plate says Jackson made in San Dimas, California, serial number 1797. The fretboard is ebony with side marker dots, but there are no markers on the front of the fretboard. The headstock says Jackson made in USA. Hockeystick headstock also. Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Sprinter 36

Re: What Did I Buy?

Custom Shop Strat/Dinky?
    Need pics to make it official [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Three mini toggles AND a three way toggle switch? Never heard of that before, but then again i'm not a certified J/C professor..
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Could it be three minis for the pups and a switch for the preamp like in a fusion? Or am I just typing out my ass? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

"Hockeystick headstock" ?

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

We wanna see pics!!! That guitar sounds sweet

[ May 11, 2003, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

Since he obviously bought it used it stands to reason the 3-way could be a mod for the pickups, bypassing the original minis, or the minis are rewired for splitting the hums and kicking the middle pickup in and out, leaving the bigger 3-way for hum selection.
              Why is the toggle between the knobs so confusing to you guys? Surely you don't think a 20 year old guitar is going to be unmodded?
              [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Here ya go. 20 years, still modding:

Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

*sniff* that is bee-yoo-tiful. I especially love the knob under the strings [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I love that headstock, similar to Hamer and Kramer, obviously I like the Hamer USA Standard, one of my all time favorites and on my Short List [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Don't forget the kill switch on the first fret [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                      X