Necks now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necks now

Thanks to all for posting on the Korina thread.

Now onto necks. On the Custom shop form, there is the option of either the Jackson style or San Dimas style neck. Is it the profile only or is there a difference in headstock shape between the 2 styles?

I know the whole mojo about San Dimas guitars are the broken-in feel of the necks.

Also, does anyone know if they offer Stainless Steel frets? There is a bit of a hype about them and frankly I like the idea of not having to refret and possible risk damage to a nice neck in the future.

Thanks again!!

Re: Necks now

Yeah, I wondered what the difference was between the San Dimas and Jackson style necks as well.....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

San Dimas style = Pseudo-strat (PC1) headstock
      Jackson style = Pointy headstock

These refer to headstock shape only. Neck profile type is a different spec altogether on custom orders.

Comment

Are you sure about that? Because further on the quote we can decide if we want a reverse,straight or sls headstock...

The more I look about it the more I think youre right... but it could have been made differently.

Like in the quote, you can choose 2 times your knobs on the hardware but only 1 let you choose the skull... but it seems more of an opposition ... you can choose

Comment

There are a few inconsistancies on that form, but it's only meant a s a baseline place to start your order. The dealer you are working with can go over the details better than on that form.

Another example is that there is no option for a clear finish (or others) and the form won't let you get the quote until you select a color so you have to pick another one.

I'm sure it referes to the headstock shape
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

There is an option for neck profile - Standard like Soloists and Speed like the KV-2. The "San Dimas" thing is the Phil Collen head, because it was first used on the San Dimas Reissues before the PC-1 came out.

They REALLY need to update that form to be more specific, so that you can make all the choices without bothering the dealer with simple questions like that.
            There's also the possibility of someone running across a dealer that either doesn't know and gives the wrong answer, or gets his info reversed and gives the wrong info (like Drake's Custom Warrior that was supposed to have 3 singles like the 1990 Warrior, not 3 singles like a damn Strat).
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

There's also the possibility of someone running across a dealer that either doesn't know and gives the wrong answer, or gets his info reversed and gives the wrong info (like Drake's Custom Warrior that was supposed to have 3 singles like the 1990 Warrior, not 3 singles like a damn Strat).

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus! what ever came of that?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                (like Drake's Custom Warrior that was supposed to have 3 singles like the 1990 Warrior, not 3 singles like a damn Strat).

[/ QUOTE ]

geez , that had to hurt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  They REALLY need to update that form to be more specific...

[/ QUOTE ]

To their credit, they recently made this more clear. On the new 2005 Charvel price list, these are now referred to as "Charvel Pointed or Jackson PC1 Style" and listed under the "headstock" category.

Comment

Working...
                  X