Huh... Weird bolt on Rhoads..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh... Weird bolt on Rhoads..

Dropped my bass off at a repair shop today and they had a black Rhoads on the wall, curious, I checked it out.

It had a 22 fret ebony fingerboard bolt-on neck with the usual Jackson made in USA stuff on it, without inlays. The hardware was all chrome and it had a licensed floyd rose along with no name pickups on it. It was used. Did they do a USA Series with a bolt on neck or is this someone using a USA neck on an import guitar body with import hardware?

Re: Huh... Weird bolt on Rhoads..

RR-3. brad has a gunmetal (?) grey one.

Comment

RR2?
      It has 24frets.
      Yea, Brad has one and ...... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Its a RR2. I sold my last one for about $500. Takeuchi (sp?) trem, Kent Armstrong pickups, no binding, ebony without fins.

These were made for a year or two around 1996, same with the SL2 with black binding and no inlays.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

All right, thanks guys! I'm gonna go back in there when my bass is done and check the price. I couldn't remember the price on it for the life of me.

Comment

I have an RR2 that I bought NOS from Guitar Center a few years ago. Very cool guitar, but the pickups take some getting used to. I know the JT580LP trem has many critics, but it stays in tune and has given me no trouble.
            sigpic

Comment

I actually didn't mind the Takeuchi trem, it's a lot better than recent production JT580LPs which I abhor. I also quite liked the Kent Armstrong pickups... They had great distortion and a good tone to them.

Comment

They wanted $400 (prior to tax) for it. Didn't ask about a case though.

Comment

ooopsies, sorry about the mistaken model number, good ole dinky and all took care of it!

cool price!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    RR2?
                    It has 24frets.
                    Yea, Brad has one and ...... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice guitars.... one of the fastest necks I have played.
                    And btw, It is now Toru's. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Huge thanks to Brad who waited 2months for me to come up with the money.
                      Finally I am getting this.
                      Can't wait!
                      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought they had black binding? I've always wanted either the Rhoads or the Soloist counterpart, but have'nt seen one at the price I want to pay [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

The SL2 Soloist has black binding, but not the Rhoads or Dinky Reverse. I got a NOS DR2 with the ash body and cobalt blue satin finish, which is extremely cool. Yes, the Three Amigos: SL2, DR2 and RR2, under one roof!
                          sigpic

Comment

I really want one of those damn DR2 necks... would look great on a RR2 body. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              RR2?
                              It has 24frets.

[/ QUOTE ]The RR2 has 24 frets?? Since when? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X