Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the USA Jackson Kelly KE2 neck profile the same as the SL1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the USA Jackson Kelly KE2 neck profile the same as the SL1?

Hey guys, im new here, i usually post on harmony central under the same moniker. Im looking for a USA Jackson and i fell in love with the SL1 a while ago and i have just revived my GAS on sunday. I may have found a KE2 at a great price, so i was wondering if they will play the same, or at least similarly?

any help would be appreciated

James

Re: Is the USA Jackson Kelly KE2 neck profile the same as the SL1?

naaa, I think it's not.
    I'm not really an expert when it comes to those things, but at least the neck dimensions are different.

KE2 is .775" on 3rd and .835" on 12th fret
    SL1 is .790" on 3rd and .850" on 12th fret

whatever that tells us... you've gotta play them I guess... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] the KE is slightly thinner.

but they're both 24 fretted jumbo ebony boards with 25,5 scale. so far the same.

the KE is the same as the WR1 or the KV2, your SL goes more into the direction of a rhoads.

anybody knows what these numbers really want to tell us?
    I wanted to ask exactly the same when I found this thread...
    it is the length around the neck on 3rd or 12tzh fret, isn't it?
    I'm a metric guy... those feed and inches keep on confusing me... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

mmmhh... when I keep thiking about it, if it really was inches the thickness would perhaps fit.

meaning 0.85" of wood under a soloists 12th fret.

yep, I think that's it.

damn, I'm a genius!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        you might not notice that the kelly (or the other few axes) have a thinner neck at first, i think it takes a bit to notice the difference

Comment

buy it...don't worry about it, just buy it, you'll get used to it fast...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

DM:
            buy it...don't worry about it, just buy it, you'll get used to it fast...d.m.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. You can't go wrong here bro. Buy, buy,buy!!!!!You'll be happy you did.Then, play,play play!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X