Help me out with some RR1 Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out with some RR1 Pics?

Hey guys, for my modelling assignment this semester im gonna try and model an Jackon RR1 but i need some pics of it

not just any pics tho:
    basically i need two pics of the side profile of the guitar (i.e one from either side).

i need to be able to see the difference in heights on the wings and how they get smaller towards the tips etc

thanks for any help [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Help me out with some RR1 Pics?

No offense, bro, but it's not that easy to build a guitar in shop class. Do you have strong knowledge in the physics involved? Does your school have the machinery needed to install and align frets? Or route for pickups/trem/bridge/tuners/pots, etc?

Ah, why am I casting the stone? Heck, you just wanted pics, right? No need to cut ya down, bro!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Uhhh... modelling

as in 3d modelling

on a computer

Comment

Uhh...like I said...class.

Don't hurt yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
          No offense, bro, but it's not that easy to build a guitar in shop class. Do you have strong knowledge in the physics involved? Does your school have the machinery needed to install and align frets? Or route for pickups/trem/bridge/tuners/pots, etc?

Ah, why am I casting the stone? Heck, you just wanted pics, right? No need to cut ya down, bro!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not really that difficult if you have competent knowledge in woodworking. The only tools I would consider to be a absolute must would be a decent plunge router, a drill press, some clamps, some files (for dressing frets), and a small saw such as dovetail saw (for slotting the fret board). Most hobby woodworkers have sufficient tools available to them to build an electric guitar. Precision is the key however. I’m currently building a Rhoads rip off. I don’t expect this one being my first (it will likely be a wall hanger and nothing more) to turn out very well, but after some years and some persistence I think I might be able to turn out some reasonable.

Comment

OMG, you guys are so right. What was I thinking spending money on Jacksons and Charvels?! Man, I can just build them myself. Dang, and to think we all just realized this. You guys should email the admins and have them post that one as a sticky, a must read thread. I gotta go find me some wood to play with now, 'scuse me. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

OMG, you guys are so right. What was I thinking spending money on Jacksons and Charvels?! Man, I can just build them myself. Dang, and to think we all just realized this. You guys should email the admins and have them post that one as a sticky, a must read thread. I gotta go find me some wood to play with now, 'scuse me. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Look C750, they are wanting to MODEL their favourite guitars in COMPUTER SOFTWARE! This has nothing to do with physical guitars that you can actually play. Nobody but you and Chris mentioned building 'em for real. These would be VIRTUAL guitars - you know like those little guys that run around on the screen when you're playing Quake!

What's next - should we start ridiculing artists who want to depict Jackson guitars in their paintings, dismissing them with "WTF, are you building a guitar out of CANVAS!?! Good luck getting the San Dimas feel into that!" [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

*EDIT:
              This is a render of a strat modelled in 3D:

'bane

[ May 15, 2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

Ease up, Joe. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm so hurt. You guys nailed me... Back off, bane. And Racer, here's one for you:

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Haha, yeah sorry for getting *****y on ya man. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    I was reading the thread, seeing the misunderstandings piling up on top of each other - got frustrated and went "GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

That's cool! I'm currently trying to make a warrior in CADKEY in my robotics class. later on, i'm gonna cut out a minature of it in the CNC mill [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I did it with an explorer style last year.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Look, I wasn't saying that a hobby wood worker could make anything comparable to what a professional luthier does. I just think if you enjoy woodworking, and enjoy guitars it's just something fun to try. I'm not expecting a quality instrument, at least until I get several years of experience and build several crappy guitars. Anyway, if no one built guitars from scratch as a hobby Warmoth wouldn't sell neck and body blanks. Imminent was originally talking about modeling an RR1, I just wanted to point out that someone can build an electric guitar with a little bit of effort, didn't mean to offend anyone.

[ May 16, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Comment

Working...
                        X