Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!: Hey guys, make up my mind for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!: Hey guys, make up my mind for me!

I have a few options at the moment and none of them seem to be perfect for me, which is why im having such a hard time deciding. Im looking for a Jackson Soloist or at least a USA Jackson and i have the following options...

First Option...

Buy ToneSeekers old Jackson SL-1 with a Lightning Sky finish. The problem here is that it doesnt have the 2 single coils on it, they have been removed, so id have to spend £130 ($210) to bring it back to its original spec. I also have to pay tax on top of everything and this hikes the price of this up a fair bit and is only £100 short of a new one in the finish i really want, cherryburst. Of course the initial cost of this guitar was a little to high for me anyway, so a new one is pretty much out of the question

Second Option...

I save up and buy the new SL1 in cherry burst. The initial costs of this arent too bad and are on the upper limits of what i want to pay, but are still within reason. Of course, once the queen adds tax to that, im paying another £160 which takes it nicely out of reach

Third Option...

I buy a blow out KE-2 that is NOS for £950, this is more expenive than the first option and less than the second, but ive never actually played a USA Kelly. I love the Soloist, but the other guitarist in my band who has played one, and is also gassing for a soloist, says theyre not as nice, and he knows what i like.

Fourth Option

This one is what someone came up with the other day. I ask matt at onlinestagegear, the cheapest place ive found, to send the guitar, the cherryburst SL-1, as a gift or warrenty replacement, this would mean that i avoid paying the tax and would mean i could afford it ok, since the price on the guitar and delivery are great. I have a problem with this in that, ive never dealt or really spoken with OSG before and they could get into trouble over this (could they?) so i doubt they would do it, but the GAS bubbles in my brain are demanding that i at least brign it up with him. I know its dishonsest, but that tax is a *****. I also worry that if i did bring it up and they flat out refused to do it, they may not want to do business with me in the future should i find some more cash.

Im confused as hell, i know i have one great guitar at the moment, but its playing and sounding like a total dog at the moment and badly needs a good setup. The soloists ive played have been great and just what i like in a wank guitar, but i just dont know what to do. Its not really a question of saving a little mroe since i have uni coming up and this is gonna be my last splurge before i go, but i will need money to see me through, so spending £1000+ isnt really an endeering prospect.

Thoughts?

James
Working...
X