Got a new Jackson but I'm confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new Jackson but I'm confused

I don't have it yet but I just won it from ebay. I got a couple questions.

The serial number is JO-9140. What does this mean? It's not really listed with the serial numbers on Jacksons web site.

I think it was made in 2001. It is an eerie dess finish but it has chrome hardware. does this mean it is a custom job because i thought chrome hardware only came with transparent finishes.

Anyway I can't wait until it comes.

heres the link to the item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=33044&rd=1

Re: Got a new Jackson but I\'m confused

That should read "U09140" - J serial neckthroughs are made in Japan and do not come with the Eerie Dess Swirl graphic (or any graphic).
    It's a USA Select model.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, it'd be hard to fake the "Made in USA" on that headstock. Pretty guitar, although I'm not into chrome hardware. Is there only 1 allen wrench?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I wouldn't buy it if it only has 1 allen wrench [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

USA Select, as has been said above. Not a Custom Shop, someone changed out the hardware to chrome, it was originally black.

Newc: the "J" serial numbers do include the old Jackson Pro guitars, but instead of 4 digits they used six. Remember your Warrior Pro you sold me, silly? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Actually, I think that finish looks killer with chrome hardware. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Congrats.

Comment

I've never seen a SL1 custom shop or usa select with chrome hardware on a EDS finish weird [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I wouldn't put it past Jackson to spit one out here and there with different hardware, but Joe is right, all the graphic USA'a come stock with black hardware.

Matt

Comment

It is all good!

Comment

Working...
                  X